Archived How to stack La Croix pallets?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThreeCreeks

Fulfillment TL
I have to restack a ton of La Croix (8 packs) tomorrow. 4 pallets worth.

I know there’s a proper way to stack it but can someone show me? I’ll be in before any LOD etc. No one ever showed me how.

Thanks!

A simple diagram would be cool.

i-zPLVtpk-2100x20000.jpg

Wait. Do you normally have pallets sitting on out on the sales floor like that? Or is that photo just a Black Friday/seasonal deal?

No ones buying it. Mark it down to 99 cents./

We sell so much of it actually....

Wait. Do you normally have pallets sitting on out on the sales floor like that? Or is that photo just a Black Friday/seasonal deal?

We have a pallet on an end cap in grocery that’s permanent. When we run out of room in the back we put a pallet by the check lanes.

Are you serious? You have to restack entire pallets for display????

Yeah, it’s stupid and a waste of time.

Are you serious? You have to restack entire pallets for display????

you can put the wooden pallet on a black pallet, you don't need to take all of the product off and put it back on

the wood pallets scratch up the floor and it takes maybe a minute with a pallet jack to put it on a black one

They don't scratch the floors if the person with the pallet jack just lifts it up a bit more.... ;) And I assume for putting the wood onto a black plastic, you mean a forklift? Sorry, this is the crap I deal with at my *real* job. But I let other people deal with restacking pallets because eff that.

you can put the wooden pallet on a black pallet, you don't need to take all of the product off and put it back on

the wood pallets scratch up the floor and it takes maybe a minute with a pallet jack to put it on a black one

They don’t let us do that here. A wooden pallet on plastic looks messy and lazy.

Plus it’s pretty effortless to restack pallets. I restacked 3 full pallets today in 45 minutes. Thanks to GoodyNNs explanation on how to stack La Croix. 15 minutes/pallet. In our stockroom they can be 9 high to fit under the steel. So... ~108 cases/pallet.

Last edited:
They don’t let us do that here. A wooden pallet on plastic looks messy and lazy.

In my district: If it’s not on plastic it’s a coaching. Second offense is a CCA. Scratching the racetrack with anything is a CCA.

If it’s that “trashy” to have wood on plastic then load it over yourself. The guest doesn’t realize it anyway.

Plus it’s pretty effortless to restack pallets. I restacked 3 full pallets today in 45 minutes. Thanks to GoodyNNs explanation on how to stack La Croix. 15 minutes/pallet. In our stockroom they can be 9 high to fit under the steel. So... ~108 cases/pallet.
Glad I could be of assistance :)

Side note: The price difference between sparking water brands is crazy. We sell our Simply Balanced brand for $2.49, Dasani for $2.99, La Croix for $3.33, Bubbly for $3.49 and Perrier for $5.99 except peach is $6.29. They all pretty much taste the same.

In my district: If it’s not on plastic it’s a coaching. Second offense is a CCA. Scratching the racetrack with anything is a CCA.

If it’s that “trashy” to have wood on plastic then load it over yourself. The guest doesn’t realize it anyway.

It’s just flat out lazy not to move it. Plus it takes a layer of product away since the pallet is nearly as deep as a case. On the floor we can stack them 12 high (144 cases) but with an extra pallet that takes 12 cases away.

I’d never let me consumables team get away with cutting corners like that to save a few minutes.

Target brand went out the door with modernization. End caps are empty everywhere.

That’s not true. It took 3 months and 2 LOGs but we have the process working with a DC that hasn’t been remodeled. Hours are being slowly returned to their areas for normal coverage. 4 stores in my district have figured out how to make it work as well. This falls back on the executives and district for not formulating a real plan or supporting the store

To be fair, there's a lot of more important things you could have accomplished in that 45 minutes. I imagine you worked it a bit quicker than most TMs would as well, so that's potentially an hour, or two, of TMs basically moving product from pallet to another just so it doesn't look "eh" to a guest that really doesn't care either way.

That’s why you just put wood on plastic. It takes a couple minutes and nobody cares at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back