Archived How to turn down....

Status
Not open for further replies.
an offer to stay on as permanent TM after Christmas without burning the bridges? I'd like to come back again next year as seasonal TM.

After two weeks of working at Target, I was surprised when I was offered a permanent spot. The group I work with is awesome. TLs and ETL are pretty cool. I really enjoy working there but the problem is I only intended to stay on as seasonal since I have a full time job (recently got promoted last week to be part of the management team). I am on Flow Team and it was NUTS this morning. Seasonal pushes left me looking like a female version of Edward who stepped out in sunlight (thats not a good thing since I hate Twilight lol). :\

Be polite?

"Thank you for considering me for a permanent position. Unfortunately I must decline as I have just accepted new duties at my other job."

Off Topic: I have the animated .gif of your avatar if you want it.

Thanks Zone....haha, common sense huh?

So if I decline the permanent position, they will still be able to re hire me back for seasonal work?

Btw, I have a gif of my avatar but for some reasons, this site would not let me download .gif as an avatar.

my store welcomes seasonal team members to reapply year after year, even if you weren't able to stay on after the holidays. Just be sure you stay on good terms by showing up for scheduled shifts, and asking guests CIHYFS?

We have team members who go to school full time and only work during the summer and the winter holiday season.

heads up you probably burned bridges with every etl who read this, by stating that you hate twilight in the op.

I sincerely hate the twilight series with a passion that is only matched by the flaming heat of a supernova.

It turns vampires into wimps.
It turns werewolves into bigger wimps.
It turns the girls/women into the biggest wimps of all. How does a 104 year old vampire not get arrested for dating a 14 year old girl? The girl also throws herself off a cliff to see her fiance in a vision (a tad clingy), whom she has known for two weeks before she decides the spending the rest of eternity with the guy is the thing she needs to do.

Honestly, wouldn't any father out there drive a stake through the guy just for looking at her daughter like that?

Last edited:
an offer to stay on as permanent TM after Christmas without burning the bridges? I'd like to come back again next year as seasonal TM.

After two weeks of working at Target, I was surprised when I was offered a permanent spot. The group I work with is awesome. TLs and ETL are pretty cool. I really enjoy working there but the problem is I only intended to stay on as seasonal since I have a full time job (recently got promoted last week to be part of the management team). I am on Flow Team and it was NUTS this morning. Seasonal pushes left me looking like a female version of Edward who stepped out in sunlight (thats not a good thing since I hate Twilight lol). :\
Tip call them before each season starts if you want to go back normally hr will call you but in some cases they can forget. This year since I was a new team lead they asked me which seasonal people I wanted to call back this year. Since most of my team left before the season you bet I called every single person but say your section gets a new Tl or etl or even he store gets a new hr etl or Tl it could be easy to get lost in the system

It was a joke, lol. The idea is that ETLs love Twilight, so if you hate it, you're automatically on their bad side. Except I don't think anyone would actually do that.

It's pretty much a sexy horror book for people who don't like sex, horror or reading.

It was a joke, lol. The idea is that ETLs love Twilight, so if you hate it, you're automatically on their bad side. Except I don't think anyone would actually do that.

Lol I get it, I was just going along with it.

My other job is at a public library. You can probably imagine how much I despise the series because of that.

I sincerely hate the twilight series with a passion that is only matched by the flaming heat of a supernova.

It turns vampires into wimps.
It turns werewolves into bigger wimps.
It turns the girls/women into the biggest wimps of all. How does a 104 year old vampire not get arrested for dating a 14 year old girl? The girl also throws herself off a cliff to see her fiance in a vision (a tad clingy), whom she has known for two weeks before she decides the spending the rest of eternity with the guy is the thing she needs to do.

Honestly, wouldn't any father out there drive a stake through the guy just for looking at her daughter like that?

Talan, you are hilarious!

Talan, I love your outlook on what may possibly be the worst example literary art in modern history!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back