Archived How to turn off spider wrap alarm?

Status
Not open for further replies.
If the wire isn't cut, normally they've been setoff because they were near a deactivator pad. They should be able to be reset, if you put the magnetic key, to open or unlock, the wrap and than, reclose the wrap.

I'm surprised you guys have been able to "cut" them. I must have spent an hour trying to cut through a pair once, with wire clippers. How do you guys accomplish such task?

When I first started as cashier, a new SD TM told me to wind down all the spider locks as far as they go. Later an Electronics TM told me not to do that, so my new strategy is to wind them all the way down, but keep them open. Saves space and allows opening. If I ever encounter one going off I will ask my TPS about how to shut it up.

I remember the AP guy bringing a snarled rats nest of spider warps into the break room and offering a free lunch at the local steak house to anyone who could get them unraveled.
Just about everyone took a shot at it, including me, with no luck.
Then some bright boy got carried away and set one off and the whole bundle had to be disposed of.

Okay, for Formina Sage, smack your AP guys upside the head, because they were all wrong/lying. The large (regular) spiderwraps that we use ALL have reset buttons on them, and I know this because I just today reviewed the instructions for disabling them. For the small spiderwraps, you need to unscrew it and remove the battery. Removal of the battery resets both large and small spiderwraps, but the small ones can only be disabled permanently (as per instructions).

The instructions do exist. Your AP (if they know what they are doing [and they don't]) should know how to get them for you.

this, both stores Ive been in were given a set of glasses screw drivers, at the electronics boat, when spider wrap rolled out to disable alarms with

When I first started as cashier, a new SD TM told me to wind down all the spider locks as far as they go.

Yeah, like, don't do that. It's one big pain in the ass, to take 'em back apart.

Yeah I will be crosstraining in electronics soon, so I plan to tell all of the cashiers, SD TMs and HL TMs the proper way to do it once I have done it a few times. I want everything to be as easy as possible for everyone involved.

When I first started as cashier, a new SD TM told me to wind down all the spider locks as far as they go.
Yeah, like, don't do that. It's one big pain in the ass, to take 'em back apart.
Yeah I will be crosstraining in electronics soon, so I plan to tell all of the cashiers, SD TMs and HL TMs the proper way to do it once I have done it a few times. I want everything to be as easy as possible for everyone involved.

Less mess that way!

A few Electronic TMs and myself actually partnered with our GSTL (and AP of course) and made the huge tangled cluster**** of spider wraps a thing of the past.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back