Archived How to use vacation and sick hours when leaving

Status
Not open for further replies.
When leaving Spot, is there a way to use all the sick and/or vacation hours that have been saved up? Or do I lose out on them? Thinking of leaving soon and was just curious about how to go about it if I do.

They will pay out all accrued vacation if you quit but why not just enjoy a vacation before you start a new job.
Sadly a lot of jobs will probably not want to stretch out the starting time for you to get your vacation in and approved by Target prior to starting the new job.

For the past like 2 years, I've just been adding vacation time every week where my hours were below my average. I got a conditional job offer about 2 weeks ago and applied my last 5 hours to a week in february where I had no hours just to use them. I only have 17-ish sick left, but... I feel a little congestion coming on soooo maybe I'll use them up

It really bothers me there's no practical way to use up 80 sick hours before quitting. Once you call out on day 3, to me that seems pretty obvious what's going on. Even chipping away at it once a month wouldn't really be worth it.

It really bothers me there's no practical way to use up 80 sick hours before quitting. Once you call out on day 3, to me that seems pretty obvious what's going on. Even chipping away at it once a month wouldn't really be worth it.

Yeah I agree. I’ve got 22 sick hours, and wanted to put in my two weeks today and my next 3 shifts only add up to 14 hours and 45 minutes so even calling out for all 3 wouldn’t get me everything :/

I'll get paid for my sick as well as I'm grandfathered in. It's great I have 243 of grandfatherd sick. Plus I also have a 270 vacation
It adds up so fast I don't use it fast enough. And I take vacations.

Must be nice to average enough hours to have it build up lol. I don’t remember what that’s like because Target doesn’t give me any hours lol

Yea... The only reason I have so few is I've never saved them up because a few of my past hr etls (in 7 years, I've had 7 lol) weren't clear on the rules and they allowed us to use them to pad our hours so I'd always use sick time first since it was never paid out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back