Archived how's.your store's.morale?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apparently, mine is pretty bad. Between the Team Survey and the HR chat sessions, ours is so bad that our DM (whatever) will be talking to our store employees individually. Even our AP lead is sensing that few of us want to be at work.

How's yours going?

Don't know yet....our first few scheduled chat sessions have to be rescheduled.

my store doesn't even know what moral is anymore, our DTL has been doing plain clothe visits lately, not sure if he has talked to day side TMs but nothing overnight yet. they didn't bring it up at our BTS meeting but everybody I talked to day side or overnight said STL was scored strongly dissatisfied

I don't think we've had any chat sessions yet, but I assume it's poor in my store.

I've never heard of chat sessions. I don't know if this is something that my store doesn't participate in or if I'm left out.

Had TL chat session yesterday- I would say low morale. We live in an area where targets wages are below comparable positions at diff. stores, and the cost of living here is outrageous compared to what we get paid. We were also low on accountability because the same problem people from when I started working are still here, sliding by not doing jack and no one does anything...... Yet we answered the question about staying pretty high- mostly because we like our "family"

Because the once a month please don't quit pizza / sub days cannot cover up working like an jerk for 9 dollars an hour with one penny raise per year.

Great job guys, here is a bag of chips. Just what a room full of people waking up at 3AM working a tough job for horrible pay want right.

Any time there is chance at a legit conversation about what is really wrong it gets interrupted or doesnt happen. Last year the first thing our STL said at the BTS huddle was "I cant do anything about pay so don't ask"....

Everyone on our Flow/BR team is miserable.

It is so infuriating to hear from an ETL at huddle that our DTL or whatever wasn't pleased with our Flow team VIBE numbers. Walk guests to everything they ask about?? That is the dumbest thing I've ever heard when your getting told that everything from the truck has to be done by 1230 plus backstock and here they want us walking EVERY guest across the store.... Cant have it both ways.

WALK the guests to what they're looking for...?
Are our guests so INEPT that they can't......oh wait....yeh, they are.

I can always tell if I'm going to have to walk someone to what they are looking for. Some people are like "ok D32, got it thanks!" Other people are like "there are letters and numbers?? whaa???"
Great times.

I wasn't given many hours this week, I swear to God if I miss a chat session, I'll be pissed.

But moral at my store sucks. They've changed so much in the last few months, and everyday there's something new they expect. I feel like I don't even know other team members anymore because we can't talk to each other without getting talk to. Management also doesn't give a shit about what you think, or ask. I've ask at least 3 times to get different shifts and they always tell me that its no problem and 3 months later I'm still working the same damn shift. (Whole another rant in itself.)

Crappy. Our TL BTS chat session was awesome. At first it seemed like everyone was quiet and mumble-y, but then I started laying it out brutally honestly as the ETL-HR posed his questions regarding each individual point, because I just don't give a f*** anymore, and shortly after that everyone else piped up with their own concerns and frustrations. It was great.

We mentioned how TMs are burning out. Especially the good ones. Each year they pile on more and more work, and each year there are fewer and fewer hours. So the efficiency has to go up and up as a result. But...that only works up to a certain point. After that point, it's just flat out not possible to get everything done. That's to say nothing of call offs. When people are busting their ass everyday for 8-9 something per hour, going home dirty and sweaty and drop-dead exhausted, it takes a toll on them. It doesn't take long to burn out.

We mentioned how we are tired of getting s*** from ETLs anytime we need to call off or change our schedule with a few days notice and other related things. Target only cares about Target. Target is Target's life. It's their business, so fine, ok. But those of us who are the actual working grunts have lives outside of work that are more important than Target (note: not salaried people with the exact same paycheck 26 times per year sitting on top of a desk kicking their feet). Someone's sick kid is more important than Target. My dead relative is more f***ing important than Target. Etc. We said that the ETLs need to relax on that. "I can't come in today. Family issue." "OK, thanks, hope things are o.k., bye." is how the conversation should go. We bust ass and perform beyond expectations everyday - we aren't bull****ing you into getting an extra day off. You think we can afford to do that? Especially with the should-be-illegal housing prices in our area? Relax.

We mentioned how it's cool to have benefits, but that we are scared of using them because of how crappy they ultimately are. It's deceiving. You go in to a doctor's visit and pay 10, 25, 35, 50, whatever it is for that visit, and you think cool, that's not bad. But then for the next 2 or 3 months, you get random bills from the hospital saying oh hey, you owe an extra 69 for this, 35 for that, 275 for the other thing, etc. We never know what's going to happen, and so we don't even bother using the benefits because we are scared of what the random bills for the next 2 or 3 months are going to be, and if we can afford them or not.

The rest of the TMs have similar feelings about everything as well. Most TMs like working with each other, but they hate how much the actual job stresses them out. Not one person says "I love working here! I'm not looking for another job! I want to stay here and ride this out!" Not one.

So, morale sucks.

Morale supposedly has gotten better in my store over the last year or two, but it's fake because rumors spread like wildfire and people love talking about others behind their backs. Not to mention that about 80 % of the conversation topics are about how much we just " love" target.

^I always get guests who ask the dumbest questions, so I usually just walk them far enough to say, "you see that sign that says [what they were looking for]? It's there." Or I end up with people asking me where to find something that they would've found themselves if only they'd taken a few extra steps before giving up.

Honestly, overall it is pretty good I think. Obviously people (myself included) have things to complain about, but overall we have an efficient and friendly store with no significant sore spots.

I'd have to say ours is terrible. People are leaving the store in droves, including TLs and ETLs. Our new STL is probably the reason!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back