Hr ETL

I think the general consensus is that interns out of college aren’t well liked. However, I am soon graduating with a degree in HR and it’s almost impossible to break through in the industry. I have 2+ years in retail management and am used to working 10+ hour days. And by doing research and reading forums it seems like the HR etl is the “easiest” (just by my readings) management position, and will work in my favor to build up my resume. What do you guys think? Should I pursue it? If so, how should I go about it? Apply to the internship program or directly to an available etl position?

Definitely go for it! , not sure which route you should take, but its worth the experience+pay.
Good luck, friend.

If your still in school an internship will make it much easier to get the job. Not saying its not possible to just get hired though

On Etl interns:
You will be offered an ETL position at the end of the summer internship program. You must receive a "meets expectations" during your bieeekly statuses, receive blessing from training ETL and STL, and successfully complete the Operational Review at the end of the internship.

Once the Operational Review is completed, you'll receive a phone call from the recruiter for your area with an offer. This is typically scheduled during one of your final internship shifts.

Extended Internships are completely optional, and not required to move forward as an ETL. If you are interesting in an EI, make your interest known, especially with the DTL.

EI's schedules vary... some work on special projects within the store, others may learn a different workcenter, some do LOD shifts a couple times a week, and others just work during the holiday season. Since you retain your internship pay rate, payroll challenged stores may not be able to "afford" extended interns. I was the only EI in my internship class of 10 to get one.

If you do EI, make sure your expectations are clear with your ETL trainer and STL. My summer internship was in logistics, and my extended internship was in Guest Experience... I was supposed to keep mentor and coach a struggling GSTL, and was basically a Sr. GSTl (minus opening/closing solo)... but then my STL blasted me for not being global enough. Just be clear on your role as an EI... a bad EI can result in your original offer being pulled.

Honestly, while I didn't have the greatest experience as an EI, it did give me the push to pursue other career opportunities. And I'm very thankful for that experience.
Thanks
bullseyekindaguy

Thanks for your reply!
Does the intern choose what department they prefer to be in? Did you stay in the same store you interned at?

I havent done the internship but it seems like they really focus on all aspects of etl positions so im sure it involves some hr experience as well and after having constant talks with my etl it seems they are really focusing on making them more global around the store, idk maybe its just her she seems like shed be a candidate for an sd position so maybe they are trying to prepare her for that

Back