Archived HR is starting the "How do you deal with change?" walking chats...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am guessing this How do you deal with change crap is about a Project Viper Role out...

If they come to me and ask "How do you deal with change?" to me

I will reply

"I deal with change just fine, why? It's not like they will get rid of the backroom and Auto-Cafs and having TMs fill their own designated areas manually."

I am guessing this How do you deal with change crap is about a Project Viper Role out...

I will reply

"I deal with change just fine, why? It's not like they will get rid of the backroom and Auto-Cafs and having TMs fill their own designated areas manually."
then they will ask "where did you hear that?"
You respond "I spend way to much time in the breakroom."

I will reply

then they will ask "where did you hear that?"
You respond "I spend way to much time in the breakroom."
Great answer, @qmosqueen!

I will reply

I mentioned project viper off handedly to our ETL-LOG last week. Her face dropped and she looked at me like a deer in headlights. Asked me how much I knew.

It was funny, because I had been talking about it with ETL-AP a few hours before that, and he had no idea about it. Told me that Target would never do that, and it'd be corporate suicide.

I will reply

I mentioned project viper off handedly to our ETL-LOG last week. Her face dropped and she looked at me like a deer in headlights. Asked me how much I knew.

It was funny, because I had been talking about it with ETL-AP a few hours before that, and he had no idea about it. Told me that Target would never do that, and it'd be corporate suicide.
You did try warned them at least.

The one advantage of FA/SB is that people talk freely in front of you because they consider you a nobody.
These walls have ears.

I have seriously surprised my STL with my knowledge of things like self checkouts and the creepy headless baby mannequins and the sticky sale signs.

This is the direction I've wanted target to head for years. A reduction in TLs means that there will actually be teams to lead. TLs shouldn't be just a highly paid TM. We should be the ones making sure the work gets done. Then I'd have the time to coach my team, jump in to help where I'm really needed, connect with my team, make sure they have the resources they need, etc. That's what TLs are needed for. Not running around singlehandedly trying to work a food truck that didn't get finished three days ago, while keeping returns and cafs empty, while answering backup cashier calls, while doing a walk the vibe, while statusing with vendors, while taking care of all the PFresh routines, while backstocking in the freezer, all while trying to set 356182936 grocery salesplanners that are due this week!

Sales floor TL is a joke as it is since the TLs are usually working exclusively with other TLs except for the nights they close.

This is the direction I've wanted target to head for years. A reduction in TLs means that there will actually be teams to lead. TLs shouldn't be just a highly paid TM. We should be the ones making sure the work gets done. Then I'd have the time to coach my team, jump in to help where I'm really needed, connect with my team, make sure they have the resources they need, etc. That's what TLs are needed for. Not running around singlehandedly trying to work a food truck that didn't get finished three days ago, while keeping returns and cafs empty, while answering backup cashier calls, while doing a walk the vibe, while statusing with vendors, while taking care of all the PFresh routines, while backstocking in the freezer, all while trying to set 356182936 grocery salesplanners that are due this week!

Sales floor TL is a joke as it is since the TLs are usually working exclusively with other TLs except for the nights they close.
At least you are doing all that instead of picking up buddies to set your pogs, waking the vibe and harassing your team every hour to "see where they are" and chumming it up with the other tls.

No time or team members for any of that. If I was chumming it up with all the other TLs then there would be no one on the floor!

No time or team members for any of that. If I was chumming it up with all the other TLs then there would be no one on the floor!
They do it on the floor...next to whomever is slaving for them that day-since they were just checking up on them....

I looked more into this recently because I was annoyed at the thought that 1 HR per 2 stores. I'm pretty confident when I say it won't work, and especially not in my group.

As far as my district TL and STL say they have no idea what I am talking about when it comes to this idea. SO idk...

I ran this by my ETL, straight up asked if he's heard of a project viper. Just kind of laughed and goes "where do they come up with these names"?

My receiving/reverse logistics area will be an even bigger mess than it already is after the weekend with this. o_O

Really would like to know why they chose Viper as the pilot name...

Value Initiated Pull Efficiency Review

But the store uniforms will be changing when it goes into effect.

Viper.jpg

I usually don't pick it up if it's on Target property. It could be a setup.

My receiving/reverse logistics area will be an even bigger mess than it already is after the weekend with this. o_O

Really would like to know why they chose Viper as the pilot name...

Viper.jpg

I'd wear it, but I would refuse to step onto the Sales Floor for about 30 minutes after being in the Freezer, however.

It might improve our Vibe scores.

our new Motto, FFFV
"Fast, Fun, and Fully Visible"

Last edited:

Viper.jpg

I'd wear it, but I would refuse to step onto the Sales Floor for about 30 minutes after being in the Freezer, however.

It might improve our Vibe scores.

our new Motto, FFFV
"Fast, Fun, and Fully Visible"
Hey, @redeye58 ! Here is your new Starbucks uniform. Now, we need to find a hat & apron to match.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back