Archived HR question. Overtime pay.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlueSide

Green side?
Hey so I worked 48 hours in 1 week. One of the days that week was a 10 hour day. In a state like CA, where any worked time over 8 hours in one day is considered overtime, how much OT should I recieve?

Last edited:
It should be 10. You got 2 hours OT on one day during the week, and then when you ended the week at 50 hours, it just transfered 8 more hours to OT.

Now will they all be paid the same OT rate? Who knows... I had 3 different lines for overtime (each with different pay rates) on my last paycheck.

I would assume 10
It should be 10. You got 2 hours OT on one day during the week, and then when you ended the week at 50 hours, it just transfered 8 more hours to OT.

Now will they all be paid the same OT rate? Who knows... I had 3 different lines for overtime (each with different pay rates) on my last paycheck.
Wait my bad I meant 48 not 50. If I only worked 48 hours for the week, but one of those days was a 10 hour day, how much would I recieve?

Wait my bad I meant 48 not 50. If I only worked 48 hours for the week, but one of those days was a 10 hour day, how much would I recieve?
Then it would have just been 8.

That's what I thought. I was paid for 2 :confused:
That's odd. Check your time card for that week and mention it to whomever authorized the OT.

I mean you could ask your ETL-HR, but they might be less than pleased...

I mean you could ask your ETL-HR, but they might be less than pleased...
I did talk to her. It's her workcenter and her problem lol.

EDIT: Well I guess it's my problem more than hers, but she's dealing with it! Lol

Last edited:
I did talk to her. It's her workcenter and her problem lol.

EDIT: Well I guess it's my problem more than hers, but she's dealing with it! Lol

If one of the days was Thanksgiving then those hours on Thanksgiving itself do not count towards your 40 for OT purposes (in my state at least) since you are already being paid "Holiday Premium" pay.

So if you worked a 10 hour day (2 hours OT), and 40 hours outside of holiday and 8 hours (premium pay) on Thanksgiving, 2 hours of OT would be correct.

Was this for the pay period of Thanksgiving/Black Friday? Because any hours worked on Thanksgiving doesn't count towards the 40hr/week OT amount.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back