Archived HR Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Miked0292

Asset Protections - APTL
We had a guy apply to work for our store, as a TPS but he must of forgot he was fired from the company for internal theft.

My question doesn't corporate keep track of these things so the application is flagged as soon as it is sent in?

I thought it was kinda silly that he tried. Not going into details on what I found out about it just thought there was a system in place to grab those applications.

We had a guy apply to work for our store, as a TPS but he must of forgot he was fired from the company for internal theft.

Every application of a former tm is flagged in our application system. It shares the rehire status of a tm and why they were terminated be it voluntary or involuntary.

Some HRs ignore or overlook this history especially if it was a long time ago. My old store often gave people who job abandoned another chance, you can imagine how that ended.

That's probably how this fellow slipped thru the cracks

My question doesn't corporate keep track of these things so the application is flagged as soon as it is sent in?

Yep, like HRZone said, the application is flagged with info about their rehirability and term reason. It also provides their start date, end date, and store name.

There is still a chance that HR would turn him down. JA is bad but gross misconduct is worse than job abandonment by comparison.

I wonder if we work at the same store, because I got an email today about this exact situation happening just a few days ago!

Sounds like the one of the externals I stopped the other day.

"I know a lot about stealing, you guys should give me a job, I would be pretty good at it since I know what to look for."

Yeah I know what to look for too. A guy with needle marks on his arms dragging a cart with two Dysons towards the exit wasn't a dead giveaway.

Sounds like the one of the externals I stopped the other day.

"I know a lot about stealing, you guys should give me a job, I would be pretty good at it since I know what to look for."

Yeah I know what to look for too. A guy with needle marks on his arms dragging a cart with two Dysons towards the exit wasn't a dead giveaway.
Come on dude you know he was just taking those to his car so he could get his wallet to pay.

Every application of a former tm is flagged in our application system. It shares the rehire status of a tm and why they were terminated be it voluntary or involuntary.

Some HRs ignore or overlook this history especially if it was a long time ago. My old store often gave people who job abandoned another chance, you can imagine how that ended.

That's probably how this fellow slipped thru the cracks

Does Target have any sort of set internal "statute of limitations" for stuff like JA or is it just up to the individual HR?

I know of one TM at my store who job abandoned after a couple write-ups at a different store, in another state, coming up on 22 years ago and when my store called him back about his application he brought this up just to make sure that it wouldn't be a waste of time to come in and sit for an interview. They did ask him why he quit during the interview and he openly fessed up to being a useless lazy teenager in his former life, "ah the folly of youth" etc, and HR just said "oh ok gotcha," and offered him a seasonal position which he ended up keeping.

I don't blame stores for being leery of JAs unless they were way off in the paleozoic past like that guy... I sucked hard at my first job but certainly wouldn't want that to still be following me around 15 years later

Bingo I swore I was marked non rehireable bc I sucked my first stint at Target but my HR all those years ago marked me rehireable

Now I'm curious to know what my application looked like. I quit on good terms, as far as I know, but had two relatively short-term stints way back around the turn of the millennium (a few months because my Peace Corps stint got delayed and a few months after while getting on my feet back in the real world). Either it wasn't red-flaggy or they really were just hiring everyone with a pulse (or both).

Christ it just dawned on me that 2000 was almost 18 years ago...where tf does the time go?

I think with that much time passing very few people are gonna care, with the possible exception of internal theft on your rap sheet but even then it's not like Target is a government job like the Secret Service that does deep and obsessive background checks.

Although compared to W*lm*rt which literally does hire anything with a pulse, I've noticed Target's hiring standards are a tad bit higher at least. One of the absolute worst parts of working there was the people I worked with...absolutely everyone was an enormous cunt with a shitty attitude, and usually mentally unstable if not flat out raving insane to boot. You could be wanted for murder in 14 states and they'd hire you, and as long as you kept your attendance up you could brag about where you hid the bodies and still keep your job (this is not as much of an exaggeration as you might think)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back