Archived Hungover

Status
Not open for further replies.
If it isn't affecting their performance and they aren't still loaded then I'm not going to say anything. If they are still drunk then someone needs to notify leadership and have them sent back home via Lyft/Uber or have someone else they know give them a ride. This isn't for the sake of professionalism, it's for that team member's own safety and for those they work around.

If you’re coming to work hungover enough that your ability to work is impaired it becomes everyone's problem because it’s a safety concern, both for the person hungover and everyone around them since you can’t react to changing conditions as fast or work as well. At my store it’s been cause for being sent home and at least a PDD if not more for team members.

I had a tl who could spot a hangover a mile away. He would make that tm sorry he was ever born.Really cut down on that shit.

The only TM I've dealt with coming to work hungover was one of my underage TMs, and the problem was that she was bragging about it to whoever would listen. That was definitely a "knock it the fuck off" kind of conversation, it just isn't cute. Other than that, if it's not affecting your performance/"personal brand", I really couldn't care less. Lord knows I came to work hungover a few times before I promoted.

bG4x9zu.gif

The only TM I've dealt with coming to work hungover was one of my underage TMs, and the problem was that she was bragging about it to whoever would listen. That was definitely a "knock it the fuck off" kind of conversation, it just isn't cute. Other than that, if it's not affecting your performance/"personal brand", I really couldn't care less. Lord knows I came to work hungover a few times before I promoted.

kinda sounds like the op, who is underage 🤔

Chill the fuck out.
Whatever you feel about this, talk about it without insulting other members.

That said, I think some of this is generational and how you were brought up.
I worked restaurants for decades and people coming in with hangovers was pretty much SOP.
Hell, one time we played a softball game where the entire crew got plastered and every single person on the staff had a hangover the next day.
I can tell you it is a real joy working with twenty people with hangovers in a busy restaurant.

The idea that if it didn't get in the way of them doing their job then we didn't give a shit was de rigueur.
Unless they were throwing up in the bathroom or unable to do their job in some other way it wasn't an issue.

Not that we didn't give them shit.
I will always remember a young Yupik cook who was totally hungover and steadily turning a very unhealthy green color as a waitress who was a new mother and I talked about the amazing properties of baby puke and poop.

There are ways of dealing with people who have hangovers that can be both viscous and satisfying.

Working around a younger crew, I've had to deal with TMs who came in hung over who stayed at the prep table leaving me to man the counter all day because they couldn't guarantee their mouth while nursing a banging headache.
I also had to pick up the slack when they called out 'sick' after getting shitfaced & posting it on FB.
In my past I've had my share of hangovers at work & sometimes it took a sizable bottle of Tylenol but I never called out or let it impede my job.
This is the flipside of Adulting 101.

Back when I had my first real job at a well-known off-price retailer, I would come in to work every Friday hungover after partaking in a local dance club's Thursday Ladies Night. At the time I was ensconced in the fitting room so at least I could chill somewhat and not have too much interaction with other associates or management. Situation was definitely mentioned during my review though, but I was otherwise a very good employee so I don't think it affected my raise.

Are we seriously having this fucking debate right now? Who gives a fuck if Target isnt the most prestigious job? Have some pride in appearance and and a little professionalism. Holy shit. And people wonder why they get shit reviews/lack of respect.

And no, I’m not saying I’m perfect or above having a hangover, but what the fuck has happened to standards of humanity where it’s considered acceptable to show up to work hungover?

If you’re puking you have to let leadership know, no matter if it’s because you’re hungover. Health policy.

We just expect same quality work and hold people accountable for attendance. Cuts down on the hungover issues. Most of them got smart enough to change their availability.

Is it against any rules to come into work hungover? I am looking into transferring to the store near my school instead of being on LOA and I am wondering if it is against the rules or if I can get in trouble

I want to SAY, as long as you can do your job, you're good.

I want to ASK, just how often do you anticipate coming in hungover that you need to actually ask about this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back