I am going to die being cart attandant tonight it is over 100 degrees and no carts inside.lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was in the 90s and humid last week and our CA called off during one of those days. The GSA (a petite 16 yr old girl) jumped in and got carts herself - without a pusher - and she survived without much complaining.

You will be fine, just pace yourself and drink lots of water.

Take your shirt off. If anyone complains, they're just jealous of your godlike physique and can be safely ignored.

But in all seriousness, stay hydrated, dress appropriately and if you're really starting to feel like hell, slow down and get with a leader to let them know and maybe get some help.

Quit your bitching and suck it up.

You could always join the Marines!!!

I would just like to know why a 16-year-old girl is GSA.

I assumed it was exaggeration lol. You know when old people go on about walking uphill both ways with no shoes? Like that haha
I don't know her exact age but she is still in high school.

And my store is fond of using salesfloor TMs to work GSA shifts, so I don't think she has the actual GSA title.

It was in the 90s and humid last week and our CA called off during one of those days. The GSA (a petite 16 yr old girl) jumped in and got carts herself - without a pusher - and she survived without much complaining.

You will be fine, just pace yourself and drink lots of water.

Well yea lol skinny people don't sweat as much. They don't have a coat under their skin. Haha.

Last edited:
I worked a many 100* days and windchill -20* days as well.

Ifs its hot, carry a thermos or Camelback bottle of ice water. Wear a full brim hat and shorts when outside.

I used to bring a 64 oz insulated mug constantly filled with ice water from FA for the summer months (kept near one of the unused lanes or offstage where it was quickly accessible after bringing in a few rows), and always had a ski mask for the winter months. People always made fun of the ski mask... but when you are closing CA at a high volume store and spend 1.5-2 hours clearing the 200+ carts from outside it's needed.

Cart attendants are the real mvp. I walk just under a mile to work in the hot but I have to walk it dressed like I'm working the corner (for fitness fetishists) and I stop for water and slurpees along the way. I couldn't be a CA lol. Every summer I tell my friends to put a bullet in my head if I'm still walking to target the next summer. No one takes me seriously so here I am walking to tgt in the heat another spring/summer.

Some days I actually do the walk in pants and my red tee. Almost every time I've done that, I had to just stuck it up and buy a new shirt when I got to work. I can't do sweaty shirt life

Ok it was hot but made it trough my problem is I walk just under 3 miles to work every day and home.I know what I sign up for but wad also told when we got more cart attandants I would be crosstrained to sales floor.I don't make excuses I will come in any day for a double cart attandant shift.but wont stand targets game.

Ok it was hot but made it trough my problem is I walk just under 3 miles to work every day and home.I know what I sign up for but wad also told when we got more cart attandants I would be crosstrained to sales floor.I don't make excuses I will come in any day for a double cart attandant shift.but wont stand targets game.
That may have been the case when they hired you, but after you go disrespectful with the Softline's team and were coached. I wouldn't count on being cross-trained anywhere in the near future.
If you ever want to be cross-trained you need to prove to them that you can e depended on, do what you are told drop your attitude respect our fellow TMs, and most importantly respect and follo instructions from team leads regardless of what section of the store they are from.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back