I am so done...

Cart Attendants fell into two groups at my store:
The rock stars usually got pulled to another dept after a few months because they used the position to showcase their talent & work ethic.
The others tended not to go anywhere & would eventually quit.
I got cross trained in market in my first month to help but that was it. My managers up front and other coworkers respect and notice I work hard and I’m not with any type of bullshit, But im sick of doing things for others because they are “weak” to cover me for carryouts or whatever if I’m too busy and I have to stop something important at times. I’m tired of the treatment and we honestly deserve better. Not saying the workload shouldn’t be less, Just there needs to be more covering us from others than us covering them like their breaks or because they refuse to do anything. I wish people would get that and not assume cart attendants don’t do much and that type of shit, That’s why I never really judged anyone in retail and food industry as a kid because they deal with more than other industries and who knows what else is going on with them. But people who work in retail places like Target and Walmart especially if they never have been a CA in their life can’t say that we don’t do enough or tell us that most likely managers have been them before when 99% of the time they admit what they have done before where they got.

I got cross trained in market in my first month to help but that was it. My managers up front and other coworkers respect and notice I work hard and I’m not with any type of bullshit, But im sick of doing things for others because they are “weak” to cover me for carryouts or whatever if I’m too busy and I have to stop something important at times. I’m tired of the treatment and we honestly deserve better. Not saying the workload shouldn’t be less, Just there needs to be more covering us from others than us covering them like their breaks or because they refuse to do anything. I wish people would get that and not assume cart attendants don’t do much and that type of shit, That’s why I never really judged anyone in retail and food industry as a kid because they deal with more than other industries and who knows what else is going on with them. But people who work in retail places like Target and Walmart especially if they never have been a CA in their life can’t say that we don’t do enough or tell us that most likely managers have been them before when 99% of the time they admit what they have done before where they got.
A 1000x this.

Cart Attendants fell into two groups at my store:
The rock stars usually got pulled to another dept after a few months because they used the position to showcase their talent & work ethic.
The others tended not to go anywhere & would eventually quit.
We've got a third category of people with disabilities who do a good job at carts but can't operate registers/zebras. One of our former rock start cart attendants should be a TL and it's a shame they aren't already imo.

I always push out my own carryouts and if Its a large tv i grab a gm person on the way. Spills that I'm allowed to clean? Yup I'm on it!
I know our cart attendant is hella busy.

Back