Archived I applied to be an ETL today

Status
Not open for further replies.
Problem is, I have experience at Target. ha. I'll let everyone here know how it goes...I was inspired by a thread in December of last year about how a poster on here got a call from someone after he said he got a 2.1 at the University of Phoenix and only job was at McDonald's for eight months before getting termed. Anyways, I need the money and the opportunity to get a head start on my student loans is too much to pass up. 50 K in debt already.

Problem is, I have experience at Target. ha. I'll let everyone here know how it goes...I was inspired by a thread in December of last year about how a poster on here got a call from someone after he said he got a 2.1 at the University of Phoenix and only job was at McDonald's for eight months before getting termed. Anyways, I need the money and the opportunity to get a head start on my student loans is too much to pass up. 50 K in debt already.

I totally understand... I'm only at 10k and I dont want to go any further.

If you already work for Target, can you still apply on the Target.com website from home for an ETL position or do they not accept those applications from current TLs? Just something I have been pondering...

If you already work for Target, can you still apply on the Target.com website from home for an ETL position or do they not accept those applications from current TLs? Just something I have been pondering...

You can do either, but if you apply on line your application will come back to your STL. My suggestion is to talk to your STL and let them know your interested. Thats how i got the ball rolling. Plus they will help you get ready....... it means a big bonus for them so they won't let you fail.. LOL

I have partnered with mySTL and ETL-HR about this, but I keep getting the brush off or I'll be told that there's so much that they are going to do with me and my development and then when I follow up with them about it, they will say "I don't recall saying that" even though it was said in front of others

I have partnered with mySTL and ETL-HR about this, but I keep getting the brush off or I'll be told that there's so much that they are going to do with me and my development and then when I follow up with them about it, they will say "I don't recall saying that" even though it was said in front of others

Keep on trying!

Already got turned down. Hope the STL doesn't get upset that I didn't talk to him/her (don't want to divulge) about it beforehand because I was just throwing stuff at the wall. I was interested, but I wasn't the most serious. I would have interviewed though if it came to it. Sigh.

Keep on trying!

Partner with an ETL inside or outside your store.. I had a mentor in store and outside my store. My mentor outside my store was actually an HRBP in another district, but I suggest an ETL in a neighboring store. The more you network the better it is for you. It will show your interest. The HRBP was actually the one who got the ball ruling for me. Just remember, take the feedback they give you and use that to leverage your leadership.

I do have a mentor inside and outside of the store, but the mentor outside if the store has definitely helped me out more. My mentor outside is my Group Pricing and Compliance Leader, and she has helped me out tremendously....I have also been mentoring (after training) new, as well as already in position PATLs. I have also partnered with a second ETL in my store to help me out. I am also the Inventory Co-Captain again, but once it is over in a couple of weeks, I'm just going to keep doing everything that's on my status and continue to add to my (6 page) leadership status, which no one helps me write...it is all things I come up with, and end up having to help others write theirs...sorry for the rant on the last section lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back