Archived i bought a gift card

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi, i am a new employee at target and i have a bit of a question as i am in a predicament.

so. after doing a bunch of research it looks like you cannot buy a gift card solely for team member discount. however (i did not know this information prior to the purchase i made today.)

at orientation i asked a lot of questions re: usage of discount and they did not mention this portion, but they did say that you can only have certain designated users for your discount etc.

i am not sure what to do. should i talk to someone or not say anything? if anyone can push me in the right direction that would be nice as im kind of freaking out.

Buying a Target gift card with a non-Target card solely for circumventing the discount requirements can put you on AP's radar.
Depending on the amount you put on it, you might save it to give as a gift.
Your discount is only to be used by you, your spouse/domestic partner & any dependents (kids).
Not parents, grandparents, aunts, uncles or cousins.
Many folks on here may say they haven't encountered any problems but it's an ASANTS kind of thing (All Stores Are Not The Same).

Buying a Target gift card with a non-Target card solely for circumventing the discount requirements can put you on AP's radar.
Depending on the amount you put on it, you might save it to give as a gift.
Your discount is only to be used by you, your spouse/domestic partner & any dependents (kids).
Not parents, grandparents, aunts, uncles or cousins.
Many folks on here may say they haven't encountered any problems but it's an ASANTS kind of thing (All Stores Are Not The Same).
honestly i was purchasing some items as a gift and some for myself so i was not aware. but i am the one who purchased the card so thats why i was freaking out quite a bit. it was about 50-60 bucks not a ridiculously large amount so i am not sure if that helps my case or anything of the sort.

AP can track a gift card used with a TM discount & can track it back to how it was purchased.
If it was someone other than the TM, it's assumed to be a gift & no harm, no foul.
But if it's tied to YOUR purchase, they'll watch to see if it's reloaded & reused.
And AP loves doing internals.

AP can track a gift card used with a TM discount & can track it back to how it was purchased.
If it was someone other than the TM, it's assumed to be a gift & no harm, no foul.
But if it's tied to YOUR purchase, they'll watch to see if it's reloaded & reused.
And AP loves doing internals.
oh i see. i threw away the gift card after i used it so i definitely do not plan to reuse it sooo. i guess i will be more aware from this point forward

Nope.
drinkbeer.gif

BUYING a gift card is not a problem. Anyone can buy a gift card with any form of payment. USING the gift card WITH your discount is what is sometimes tracked by AP because you are only supposed to get a discount with CASH or Redcard purchases. No discount is given with a VISA/MasterCard/Discover purchase because Target must pay a fee to them. The rule is you can buy something with Discover and NOT use employee discount OR you can buy something with a gift card and use an employee discount. What you should NOT do is buy a gift card with Discover and THEN use that gift card to buy stuff WITH your employee discount.
Then again, some stores don’t even care if you break that rule. But be careful, some do. It’s possible there will be a warning for the FIRST time or if AP is watching it they may announce that rule to everyone at a huddle so that they can hold someone accountable for breaking that rule afterwards.

then don't reply to my thread if you're genuinely not interested in helping out hence, please see your way out thanks
You're new here, so here's some advice about TBR; Kartman will put his two cents in where he pleases. He's a Vietnam Veteran, has had more interesting jobs than you probably ever will, is a cancer survivor, and is still capable of snapping the neck of anyone he feels like. AND, he looks DAMN fine in a kilt. I'm not defending him (he is more than capable of doing that himself) just letting you know you may want to grow a thicker skin if you plan on continuing to post "your" threads on TBR.

You're new here, so here's some advice about TBR; Kartman will put his two cents in where he pleases. He's a Vietnam Veteran, has had more interesting jobs than you probably ever will, is a cancer survivor, and is still capable of snapping the neck of anyone he feels like. AND, he looks DAMN fine in a kilt. I'm not defending him (he is more than capable of doing that himself) just letting you know you may want to grow a thicker skin if you plan on continuing to post "your" threads on TBR.

I have dealt with people like him before and I am not afraid to say what is on my mind, hence I told him to be on his way if he had no real intention of genuinely giving me the answers that I needed. Others already provided me with such input so I didn't need to interact with him after.

I may be new here but there is no need for anyone to come off the way he did just because they have some sort of pass. :)

So no, I don't really need this kind of advice but thanks for your input, will keep in mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back