Archived i bought a gift card

Status
Not open for further replies.
I still love ya!
beerchug.gif

I hope I can say that, BC. It hasn't even been a year yet and I'm not looking good - if you can believe that. LOL!

Gift cards confuse me. I have more than a hundred dollars worth saved because I don't know if I can use them or how to use them. Most are the freebies you get with a purchase. I haven't seen a handbook in many, many years. How can they legit be used?

Its not worth losing your job to save any amount of money hence you won’t be making any to spend. I tell everyone(my team) also including my family and friends don’t buy me a gift card to spend at my store where I would actually use it for the list of items I’ve had my eye on because it is really what your store interprets. Does anyone have suggestions for their team members who are minors and don’t want to spend 3.00 fees at atms to have cash to use discounts ? I don’t see an advantage there.?? I say if you have the question running through your mind, something is saying don’t do it.

Gift cards confuse me. I have more than a hundred dollars worth saved because I don't know if I can use them or how to use them. Most are the freebies you get with a purchase. I haven't seen a handbook in many, many years. How can they legit be used?
You can use those cards no problem. It's only when you buy a GC with a non Target credit card to circumvent the discount policy that you need to worry. If you have wallet, add them to your account and use them. Otherwise, use them like normal.

Heck, I used to have a TM checkout at SCO and once she had her total, she would run over to another SCO and reload a gift card that she would use a credit card to pay for.

My store didn't care, truly an ASANTS thing.

Heck, I used to have a TM checkout at SCO and once she had her total, she would run over to another SCO and reload a gift card that she would use a credit card to pay for.

My store didn't care, truly an ASANTS thing.
This is why it's confusing to me. You don't get a discount on the gift card when it's purchased with a non-Target card, so there's no double dipping here. Why is that wrong? Also, when I used a gift card online, no discount applied.

This is why it's confusing to me. You don't get a discount on the gift card when it's purchased with a non-Target card, so there's no double dipping here. Why is that wrong? Also, when I used a gift card online, no discount applied.
She gets her TM discount by paying with a Target g/c. She likely gets reward points/miles on the credit card that she used to pay for the Target gift card.

And...to take it one step further and make it a triple play. Whenever my local Kroger store offers 4x fuel points, I buy my Target gifts there and pay with my 2% cash back credit card.

Now before someone says that 5% red card discount is larger than the 2% on my credit card discount, I know. However, a few times a year I work the fuel rewards at Kroger. For me, it's worth giving up the 3% difference between my Red card and my credit card to save $1/gallon on 35 gallons of gas.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back