Archived I break shoes while working

Status
Not open for further replies.

YaIpushthedamncarts

What do you need now .....is all I thought
Does anyone have a suggestion for what shoes I should buy for pushing carts? I actually push my carts and have worn through two pair of shoes since I started working for the company.

Ideally something with a steel toe that's comfy and can stay comfy when working long shifts. Sounds like overkill but I'm a GSA, which at my store is basically an over-trained cart attendant most of the time, and I backed 3 carts over my toe a week ago and it's made the subsequent week hell. So it's definitely not a bad idea.

If you are wearing down your shoes quickly, then you may be wearing the wrong shoes. Merrells, Sketchers Work shoes and New Balance are great.

My skate shoes (DCs) have lasted a LONG time.... They're falling apart, but slowly :)

Got them in '11 and I've worn them everyday since then (and working 40 hrs/week '11-'13)

I had some Cherokee shoes, and with my flat feet, I ended walking the inside of my shoes and literally destroying them by working in FA within 2months.

Skechers here. I go through a pair a year, though. How long have you been with Target?

Skechers here. I go through a pair a year, though. How long have you been with Target?

I use the women's black work sketchers and go through them about every 6 months.. I find when they start to break down my back tells me its time for new ones. But doing In-stocks you never stop moving through the day.

Invest in good shoes, its someone thing that will pay you back years from now.

I always get nike running shoes. Those seem to do the trick and last quite a while, I've had this pair for about 9 months and they're still going strong. I prefer to wear nicer looking flat bottomed shoes but my back prefer's that I don't.

I wore Docs and cracked the soles. Than bought a pair from my store and wore through them in a month. I wasn't going to spend a lot on shoes I really liked to break, so today I bought good running shoes. Thanks everyone for there input

Last edited:
I've been wearing Wolverine Steel Toes. They had a special at Rural King, and I've been a Wolverine fan boy for years.

I ended up catching my ankle with a FDC skid and had to settle with some C9ers until recently :)

Skechers is the devil incarnate. Do not buy their shoes.

BUY WOLVERINE SHOES! I just bought myself a pair a few months ago. Before that, I owned a pair for a few years. YEARS. If you're going to spend $100 on shoes....you might as well get them from a company that gives you the best bang for your buck. I bought a pair of Tennis shoes...WITH A STEEL TOE! It's awesome!
Work Boots For Men & Women - Shop Work Shoes | Wolverine

I've been wearing Wolverine Steel Toes. They had a special at Rural King, and I've been a Wolverine fan boy for years.

I ended up catching my ankle with a FDC skid and had to settle with some C9ers until recently :)

I love you!

Basketball shoes are pretty much made to be used in athletic activity. I have had my pair of Nikes for 3 years now and they're still in good shape. I should probably buy a new pair anyway though.

I buy a pair once or twice a year specifically for Target. $20-30 range gym style stuff, so I'm not surprised that they wear out. Tried some skater style shoes a few times but I don't find them to be any more durable (or nice looking). I have some boots I try to wear sometimes, but they're too heavy and stress my ankles.

Last edited:
Composite toes are way lighter
low top Boots offer excellent mobility but ankles can be hit by Carts. :mad: and they're lighter.
mid Boots are tougher to squat/kneel in, but they protect your ankles from carts :D
Running shoes are great but they aren't very protective of your toes in the BR
skater shoes? are you in high school?;)

Heh, no, but I thought I'd try them out. I'm not that old (early 30s), but they didn't look foolish on me or anything, they're just flat bottomed plainish looking black shoes. I still have them, but they have holes in em, I think I got them from payless.

I've already told you, in chat.

Heed my words, OP.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back