Archived I can't win, no matter what I do. Any advice appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have worked for Target since Nov. We just started the "modernization" in April. Before I start, I am in favor of modernization, I think it is a good thing for out store. We have alot of team members that do bare minimum. Anyways, I have been assigned to Domestics, I am being told is Bedding, Kids Room, Towels, Bath and Rugs. Which is great, I think I can handle that. BUT.... I am the only person they have assigned in these 2 blocks, so I try to keep all the push, pulls and go backs done in both blocks. So I talked to my STL, to let them know that I am trying to keep it up, so it isn't backed up when they do get someone else assigned. But I am always getting talked to either because I didn't zone enough, or because I didn't get all the push, pulls and go backs done. I did 6 uboats and 2 flats, in my shift yesterday, and I got, "well there is still quite a bit of push left". So I bit my tongue and walked away. But I am at the point where I think I should just start doing my assigned areas push, pulls and go backs. I just don't want to get in trouble.

I have worked for Target since Nov. We just started the "modernization" in April. Before I start, I am in favor of modernization, I think it is a good thing for out store. We have alot of team members that do bare minimum. Anyways, I have been assigned to Domestics, I am being told is Bedding, Kids Room, Towels, Bath and Rugs. Which is great, I think I can handle that. BUT.... I am the only person they have assigned in these 2 blocks, so I try to keep all the push, pulls and go backs done in both blocks. So I talked to my STL, to let them know that I am trying to keep it up, so it isn't backed up when they do get someone else assigned. But I am always getting talked to either because I didn't zone enough, or because I didn't get all the push, pulls and go backs done. I did 6 uboats and 2 flats, in my shift yesterday, and I got, "well there is still quite a bit of push left". So I bit my tongue and walked away. But I am at the point where I think I should just start doing my assigned areas push, pulls and go backs. I just don't want to get in trouble.

It's never enough.

Just do the best you can, there is always something that needs to be done. You're going to have guests that'll slow you down, as well as backing up front end (ASANTS, but everyone at my store does, minus SFS). Everyone in my store struggles to even have time for zoning (TBH, you rarely do).

You're on the modernization treadmill now, and that treadmill won't stop moving. The endless void will forever be there.

You did 6 u-boats and 2 flats for which departments?

I am wondering if you are pushing freight for other areas? Or maybe my store is just a lower volume. We never get that much freight for domestics. I'd guess probably a flat (or 2) of repacks., and about a dozen rugs or so.....

Something that I just thought about. Inbound TMs at my store recently started "owning" backroom aisles, but that doesn't necessarily mean anything other than our name is on a piece of paper at the start of the aisle. We don't even consistently push that department. Is anyone else experiencing this?

No. Our In-bound owns an area of the store, and the matching BR aisles for their areas.

You want to come my team on food and beverage? I'd be freaking ecstatic if someone did 6 boats and 2 flats in 8 hours.

You did 6 u-boats and 2 flats for which departments?
All of C and D Blocks, not sure if all stores are the same. Bedding, Kids Room, Lamps, Frames, Furniture, Home Decor, Plastics/Storage, Home Improvement, Rugs, Bath and Towels.

You want to come my team on food and beverage? I'd be freaking ecstatic if someone did 6 boats and 2 flats in 8 hours.
I've pushed over there, I can't say I hate it, but I do prefer hardlines :) . Sad thing is I am old enough to be most these kids parent, and I work harder than they do.

My best advice: finish your section first. It protects you in the end. Once your section it's pushed, zoned, backstocked, and manually audited, you can help elsewhere. As I said, from a food senior team leader perspective, protect yourself and finish your section completely first.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back