Archived I did WHAT?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GSAhole

Former GSA
I feel like I do so much stupid crap at work...AP has probably has had many a laugh and facepalm at my expense.

For example, today I lost my keys during a mad rush where about 5 people desperately needed change at once.

As I'm freaking out, the TPS finds them. Guess where? Just dangling from the lock in the drawer that holds the change fund, that's all.

I just gave a few hundred people access to our change fund. No biggie there.

Oh, and guess who was LOD? Yep, ETL-AP. I did escape work without having a heart attack, but narrowly.

This is just one of the many stupid things I do on the daily, and I'm sure it's mild compared to some of the other things I've done. What are some of the embarrassing, facepalm-worthy things you guys have done?

Confess your sins here!

When I worked in Electronics, I would have my car keys in my front pocket, and use the S3 key on the Electronic Keys to attach to my car keys from the outside of my pocket. That way they're always around without having to reach in pockets or unclasp the carabiner.

One day my keys went missing, I was flipping out, I finally found them. It turns out when I brushed a corner of the Electronics counter my S3 key attached to the metal corner, where it sat there, for a good 45 minutes.

Well, I've learned the hard way that you have to watch what you say around fellow TMs you think are your "friends," because they will stab you in the back and get you written up. Which brings me to also not trusting leadership, especially HR. They'll put a smile on their face until the moment they take you in their offices, twist your words around and use it to get rid of you.

The rubber cover for the antenna had come off the walkie so there was the wire spring bit sticking out.
I had it clipped to my tool belt and was hanging signs in softlines.
Then I went to do some work in electronics when the PTL came over to say he had been calling me and why didn't I answer.
It took me 45 minutes to find where the antenna on the walkie had snagged on some clothes and yanked it out of the clip without me noticing.
It was just hanging there, talking to itself.

Last edited:
On my first week on Flow, I was pulling pallets and the ETL-LOG asked me to pull out a large water pallet from the trailer.
So I come in with a plain pallet jack, jack it up start pulling it down the trailer.
It starts rubbing against the side and a few cases fall off the back, so the ETL tells me to stop...but at this point it is moving down the trailer and I can't stop it without getting run over.
So as more water falls off the back, he yells "drop it!!!"
So I pulled the lever to drop the pallet...and of course the entire pallet collapsed and water went everywhere.

He later asked me what the hell happened...I just said "you told me to drop it..."

I have locked myself out of my locker not once, not twice, but three different times. In all fairness, most of our lockers are crap. But I was new at the time and didn't know which ones to use, so I ended up having to call an LOD over every time to help me when I got locked out. One of the times, they couldn't find the key to open the locker so they had to break it open, effectively destroying the entire locker.

I stick to using the same two lockers now.

Don't feel bad @Bullselle. I have destroyed at least five lockers by prying them open, and i never know which locker is mine....I just try my code on 5 or 6 different lockers in the general vicinity of mine until one unlocks.

At Christmas time I bought some of my co-workers gifts, and I brought them to work and locked them in the lockers. They wouldn't fit all in one locker but I put them all in the same area....well when it came time to give the last girl her gift, I couldn't locate the locker it was in. I got my LOD to come unlock EVERY locker on that side (that's at least like 40 lockers if not more) and check for me. There was one locker that wouldn't open even with the key bc the battery was fd up. I didn't think it was in that one anyway and didn't want to chance prying it open in case someone's things were in there. I figured some asshat just took the gift, and I felt really bad because I already told this girl I got her something. So after about a week the locker is unlocked and someone finds it, luckily :) and of course it was the same locker that refused to open.

LOL and I thought I was bad. These keypad lockers are terrible. We need to go back to combination locks. That's what I had in school, and I never locked myself out of those.

LOL and I thought I was bad. These keypad lockers are terrible. We need to go back to combination locks. That's what I had in school, and I never locked myself out of those.
Man, you're lucky you have the keypad ones.. we have the ones where you put a quarter in it to lock it and have to carry a key around with you all day...

Man, you're lucky you have the keypad ones.. we have the ones where you put a quarter in it to lock it and have to carry a key around with you all day...
I think I prefer the key one because as long as I have the key, I'll know which locker is mine.

Not that I actually lock stuff that I put in there...

I've left the elec lockup door propped open while I stocked or took trips to the back. I've left the securities cage open, unattended. It was always before the store was open, and for maybe 5 minutes max, but still. Since moving to 6 am (and getting a new ETL-AP) everything I do is from the lockup, and the door is shut every time I leave it.

Left a cart full of security push unattended on the sales floor while the store was open, you know, guests first.

Took a turn slightly too fast with a pallet of electronics, 60" tv impaled itself on a shelf corner, punched a golf ball sized hole in the box. It didn't work when they took it out for the TV wall, but we'll just blame that on the trailer unload ;).

I once left electronics keys in the lock on the iPad case. Our APL found them 40 minutes later when doing his audit, that was an interesting conversation. :oops:

Lost the cart pusher remote, looked through every cart I had just lined up trying to keep my calm only to turn around and see the remote fell down under the cart pusher outside.

When I worked in Electronics, I would have my car keys in my front pocket, and use the S3 key on the Electronic Keys to attach to my car keys from the outside of my pocket. That way they're always around without having to reach in pockets or unclasp the carabiner.

One day my keys went missing, I was flipping out, I finally found them. It turns out when I brushed a corner of the Electronics counter my S3 key attached to the metal corner, where it sat there, for a good 45 minutes.
I use a metal belt buckle to secure the S3 key too has yet to rub off on anything else. Although awkwardly drop the keys while exiting the electronics lock up locking myself out. BR TM that opened it up for me questioned how it was possible to do so.

Years ago, I accidentally threw the electronic keys is the compactor. It was tossing some trash in and the caught on it. I called the LOD, had him stand besides the start button, and climbed in. It wasn't that big a deal. And yes, I know we aren't supposed to get in the compactor.

I feel like I do so much stupid crap at work...AP has probably has had many a laugh and facepalm at my expense.

For example, today I lost my keys during a mad rush where about 5 people desperately needed change at once.

As I'm freaking out, the TPS finds them. Guess where? Just dangling from the lock in the drawer that holds the change fund, that's all.

I just gave a few hundred people access to our change fund. No biggie there.

Oh, and guess who was LOD? Yep, ETL-AP. I did escape work without having a heart attack, but narrowly.

This is just one of the many stupid things I do on the daily, and I'm sure it's mild compared to some of the other things I've done. What are some of the embarrassing, facepalm-worthy things you guys have done?

Confess your sins here!

I've done this with the cash drawer also. TPS found it, promised he wouldn't say anything. Not so bad as AP leaving their confidential paperwork in TSC for everyone to see, which included an internal investigation of an ETL that they were about to nab for grand theft.

When I started on instocks we still set up rainchecks and substitutions. Except I didn't quite understand picking sub items and thought it had to be as close as possible to the ad. If I couldn't find a nearly identical match, I'd just make the raincheck and move on. Never thought I should get clarification so I just kept on trucking. So for at least a month I was killing instocks' scores until a TM confronted me and explained how I was screwing things up.

Clocked in one morning and got electronic keys from the LOD. I look at them and see the key has a lock core on it! I went back to electronics and started looking for a case or lockup missing a core. Two flow TMs see me looking and say they checked everything and none are missing a core. Receiver comes by and tells me the same thing. Damn - it had to come from somewhere. Finally found one of the sliding doors on the boat missing the core.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back