Archived i find it ridicules...

Status
Not open for further replies.

DMNDZ bruhh

Former Backroom Dayside
whenever the DTL takes one step into the store, every ETL and TL flips the F*** out! today i was told to sweep the ENTIRE backroom in 15 minutes, while i was taking care of CAFs... yea F****** right! i really doubt our DTL will care if there are pallets on the line on the day of the sweep...while we were in the middle of taking care of it! im pritty sure she knows how the store is in general... the district office is upstairs anyway!

Do yo honestly think it's different in any other line of business?

It is sometimes. The company I used to work for right after Target, we wouldn't go all wacko when the district manager or the VP of the company would come to visit us. Hell we liked having them there because they brought food and just hung out with us all day.

When we had our reindeer run, the night before they were flipping out and having us do all this stuff to prove we were ready for 4th quarter. My job? To dust the registers. Seriously. Did they really notice/care or think that makes us more prepared for the masses?

I don't understand your post. They wanted you to sweep the backroom, with a broom or dustmop? If so then what's the problem? Or did they want you to complete the sweep pulls?

I don't understand your post. They wanted you to sweep the backroom, with a broom or dustmop? If so then what's the problem? Or did they want you to complete the sweep pulls?

It sounds like they wanted him to stop CAFs and immediately go sweep and he's questioning priorities. Also, it'd probably take more than 15 minutes to sweep the entire backroom, if his backroom is approximately the same as the one at my store.

they wanted me to stop doing regular CAF pulls and sweep up the backroom with a dust mop, when some of our stockrooms are scattered through out the store. i dont think our DTL would like it if i stopped what is suppose to be a priority just to sweep up. they were trippen about all the pallets on the line as well, but they were in the process of putting it in the truck for the sweep. its ridicules how they are when our DTL steps in the building, idk what goes through there heads at these times

One thing I learned long ago (and still struggle with today) is your bosses priorities should be your priorities. The DTL isn't going to jump on you about the appearance of the stockroom or the CAF pull times, he will to the STL and/or possibly the ETLs. They determine what needs to be done and they probably have a reason for it. It doesn't make it right in your eyes but look at it from their point of view. Sweeping the BR wouldn't take 15 minutes unless you only have 1 leg or 1 arm or something else wrong with you.

I remember the first time I saw the DTLs. It was my first day and while I was studying for my electronics quiz, the LOD at the time came by and introduced me and the DTLs asked me what I knew already and apparently I impressed them and my LOD gave me a free meal to Food Ave.

And then last time, I was cleaning a water spill by the boat in Electronics and the DTL came from nowhere and helped me with it. He was pretty awesome. I think my DTLs are actually kind of cool.

The most recent time they came in though, I was off.

One thing I learned long ago (and still struggle with today) is your bosses priorities should be your priorities. The DTL isn't going to jump on you about the appearance of the stockroom or the CAF pull times, he will to the STL and/or possibly the ETLs. They determine what needs to be done and they probably have a reason for it. It doesn't make it right in your eyes but look at it from their point of view. Sweeping the BR wouldn't take 15 minutes unless you only have 1 leg or 1 arm or something else wrong with you.

Obviously you haven't swept in my backroom. Unless you do a half ass job.

So you're saying that it takes you longer than 15 minutes to sweep the backroom with a dustmop? I don't think it's me doing the half ass job.

If you sweep it properly it takes a good amount of time to get all the stockrooms, all the aisles and under all the steel, if you half ass it like after a 2600 piece truck with 300 repack boxes and just want to go home then yeah 15 min sounds right.

If you sweep it properly it takes a good amount of time to get all the stockrooms, all the aisles and under all the steel, if you half ass it like after a 2600 piece truck with 300 repack boxes and just want to go home then yeah 15 min sounds right.

People are suppose to sweep the backroom???!!!

Lol nice joke guys. You should see all the **** under the kick plates and stuff I see laying around all week.

yea i know that, i never complain about instructions that are given to me, but our stockrooms are scattered through out the store, 2 giant stockroom at each other end.. plus receiving, plus all the aisles, it takes more than 15 mins to do all that properly

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back