Archived I forgot I had a shift

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I had a shift and I forgot but by the time I remembered it was ten minutes past the time I had to go in but I did call. I'm really nervous I've only been there a month in a half. They said to call them in an hour. Is it still considered a no call no show?

So you forgot you had the shift, you remembered and called ten minutes after you were supposed to go in.
I'm missing something.
Why didn't you just go in?
You'd have been late but at least you would have been there.

Calling out ten minutes after your shift starts isn't a NCNS but it does put you in the DDD category where they don't schedule you if they can get away with it and look for reasons to make your life miserable.

So I had a shift and I forgot but by the time I remembered it was ten minutes past the time I had to go in but I did call. I'm really nervous I've only been there a month in a half. They said to call them in an hour. Is it still considered a no call no show?

It's a ncns at my store. You need to call at least two hours prior to the beginning of your shift, or as soon as possible if on the early morning shift.

If you have a smartphone use it's calender function to set your schedule on it...and ask for 15-30 minutes before reminders that's what I do and I have never forgotten about a shift.

pretty sure you have up to 2 hours after your shift start time to call in without it being a NCNS. i had an early shift, and slept past my alarm. called in an hour past when i was supposed to start and let them know i was on my way, nobody said anything about it, i just stayed an hour later to make up the tardy.

Call & say "I'm running late but on my way" is preferable to calling & saying "I forgot" without coming in at all.
The latter indicates that you don't seem to take the job seriously & yeh, it's a NCNS.

As you can imagine, first and foremost I would enter ALL of your shifts into your cell phone or computer calendar so you don't forget anymore shifts. Second, glad you called in, since you called in BEFORE being 2 hours late for your shift, it will NOT go down as a No Call No Show. Within the first 90 days, it doesn't take much to get let go, but, I wouldn't think they would since you did call in before the 2 hour mark.

Corporate policy is as long as you call in within 2 hour of when your shift started, it's not a No Call No Show, that being said, this TM should definitely have gone in rather than called out. Individual store policies really shouldn't be happening, but I wouldn't be surprised if some stores try to create their own policies. Since all employment is "at will", it's pretty easy to get away with doing this.

pretty sure you have up to 2 hours after your shift start time to call in without it being a NCNS. i had an early shift, and slept past my alarm. called in an hour past when i was supposed to start and let them know i was on my way, nobody said anything about it, i just stayed an hour later to make up the tardy.

Correct!

You get up to 2 hours AFTER your shift has begun to call in or inform them you will be late.

I had to document a NC/NS for a cashier and that was the policy listed on the CCA form.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back