Archived I got a question?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Being in civilian law enforcement position, I have to say...DRUGS ARE BAD...CRACK IS WHACK

I took my Target drug test right after my interview. I was given a conditional offer to be hired if I passed the retail background check and drug test.

Last edited:
Crack? Whenever does a crackhead have any real job, much less Target.

I don't think the OP is smoking crack.

Haha I have to agree crack is definitely whack! But no I went to a concert had a few drinks and smoked a little too. I know it probably wasn't the best idea but hey I had a good night ;) I wasn't expecting for target to hire me on the spot and maybe it's a blessing they haven't given me a drug test because I'm getting clean now. But I was just worried and I didn't mean to seem like a "prick" but when you just want an answer its kind of hard to seem all peachy. I apologize

If they already made you watch the video and gave you the learning plan, that sounds like they've committed.
I'd be a bit surprised if they jumped to the piss test now.
Keep working on getting clean and don't worry too much.
I'm not sure if Spot has just decided with some states legalizing and others on their way that testing is just an expense they don't see as being worth it

Thanks for apologizing too.
I'm always happy to see things settle out before we have to get involved.

I gave you the only advice that is going to get you a definitive answer. And you wanted a definitive answer. I could care less what people do in their spare time. If you haven't gotten drug test paperwork and you actually were offered a job, it sounds like your store isn't drug testing. But the only way to know for sure is to ask the hr team at that store. Hiring procedures still require a drug test to my knowledge. Only seasonal hires for Q4 weren't required to take a drug test.

advice you don't want to take != terrible advice

If they were going to drug test you, they would have given you specific instructions during the interview (usually a paper with the lab's address and some kind of code for them to use to process it at no cost to you).

So it sounds like your store is deliberately not doing it.

Merged your thread.
Same topic, just keep them together.
Until this post, I thought my mind was playing tricks on me, reading the same question over and over.

I had orientation a week ago but no one ever mentioned a drug test. I smoke regularly as a means of coping with depression, but I haven't been lately so I could get a job. It's been a rough few weeks, but I've still never been tested. They gave me my schedule and badge and everything, and not once did it come up during the interview or anything. If I'm this far, am I going to be tested anytime soon? I need my medication, man :/

I had orientation a week ago but no one ever mentioned a drug test. I smoke regularly as a means of coping with depression, but I haven't been lately so I could get a job. It's been a rough few weeks, but I've still never been tested. They gave me my schedule and badge and everything, and not once did it come up during the interview or anything. If I'm this far, am I going to be tested anytime soon? I need my medication, man :/

It doesn't sound like they are testing and as long as you aren't stoned at work it shouldn't be an issue.
I would make sure you have your doctors script available in case their are any issues.

My store is no longer testing period so I believe this is a company wide thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back