Archived I got a question?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So i've seen on here that as of October 2014 they will no longer be doing drug test is this true? I've already been offered the job took two interviews and just waiting on orientation.

So i've seen on here that as of October 2014 they will no longer be doing drug test is this true? I've already been offered the job took two interviews and just waiting on orientation.
All I've heaed is no drug test for seasonal hires. Not sure if they stopped drug testing period.

I heard it was just for seasonal help. I Was under the impression that everyone else still has to drug test. BUT if you already received a conditional job offer you should have had to take the test already.. so idk..

Well I wasn't told I was going to be seasonal (unless you start out seasonal then after your performance and 90 days they decide to keep me) but I have read that they are supposed to or typically give me a paper after the interview that I'm supposed to take a piss test within 1 to 2 days but I never got the paper and I'm just waiting on orientation.

On my "conditional job offer form" it says "you may not attend orientation or start work until after you have passed all preemployment screenings which include" then it just says passing the background check. Nothing about a drug test. Anywhere on the paper!

When I received my conditional job offer, I still had to take the test. That's why the job offer is called "conditional."

I guess my question is when do I take the drug test? At orentation do they give me a paper? Because after my interview (like every other place I've been hired) I figured was when I was going to get it.

But, it's about time! Too many states have already legalized the main "drug." Spot would never fill it's employee quota if they didn't hire herb lovers.

I feel that if I was acceptable enough to be hired then why must I perform a drug test. If I had signs of slurring or forgetfulness then that would make sense. I believe it's a waste of money honestly!

I guess my question is when do I take the drug test? At orentation do they give me a paper? Because after my interview (like every other place I've been hired) I figured was when I was going to get it.

After you received the job offer you should have went to your drug test immediately within 24 hours I believe. the drug test is required before orientation. So idk..

I guess my question is when do I take the drug test? At orentation do they give me a paper? Because after my interview (like every other place I've been hired) I figured was when I was going to get it. Has anyone else taken a drug test after orentation that was required for hiring?

Just make sure you study.. the test is a beeyotch!

The HR tm(s) and ETL at the store you are conditionally hired at. Call them in the morning.

..... You want me to call them and say "hey I was just wondering if you guys are going to drug test me" Cmon now...

Drug tests went away for seasonal hires but they still make "regular" hires take them.

Did they offer you on the spot after the interview or did they call you later? Also if your store has a Target Clinic they do the test in the store, so it may happen on orientation day.

..... You want me to call them and say "hey I was just wondering if you guys are going to drug test me" Cmon now...
Uh, no. I want you to call them and say, "Hey, I was offered a job the other day and I know I have an orientation coming up. Other places I've worked at have required that I take a drug test after a conditional offer and before I'm scheduled for orientation. No one at the store gave me paperwork for a drug test, so I just wanted to clarify whether or not I was supposed to take a drug test as part of the conditional offer."

You'll come to forum and ask people here, so why not call your store and ask them? Unless you're a habitual user and just have your fingers crossed that you're going to skate by without having to test, you have nothing to worry about. I'm going to assume you wouldn't pass since you are obviously obsessing over it, but are unwilling to even mention a drug test to the people whose job it is to hire you.

My previous HR experience tells me that you may not have been offered a job. We say we will get back to you after either 1 or 2 interviews, but getting back to you doesn't mean you are hired. We may either be mulling it over, or we may feel like you are not a good fit at this time. If you are offered a job, HR will have a 10 minute coversation discussing:
1. Your conditional position and rate of pay
2. Drug testing info, including approved clinic location (and drug test paperwork)
3. Background check info
4. Possible orientation date

Well, I was offered the job after I had 2 interviews watched a video and did a little test for the "flow team"! I got my rate of pay and a paper that stated I must bring to forms of identification to my orentation. Also @sigma7 do you honestly think someone who is clean would care if they got drug tested or not? It's obvious I'm not or I wouldn't be trying this hard to find out.

Well @bojangles, obviously I don't. Maybe next time you're looking for a job you should stay clean. You're the one clearly freaking out about everything. All anyone has tried to do is answer your question. If they didn't tell you to get drug tested then maybe you don't, but no one here can tell you for sure. Call the HR team if you care so much. But overall, quit being a disrespectful prick. That'll get you termed before drug use would.

Last edited:
What the hell are you talking about? I wasn't being disrespectful nobody told your ass to comment in the first place. You gave me terrible advice by telling me to call and ask if I'm going to be drug tested. Any person with common sense would see that's a red flag. I don't smoke often I went to a concert recently before even applying which is none of your business but maybe I smoked and had a few drinks I've been told different things by everyone and i understand it's mainly the store but my main concern that it was odd they didn't give me a drug test right then and there just like all my other employers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back