Archived I guess empty shelves mean nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
On Thursday and Friday, the candy revisions were completed. Some product came out on the pulls. Those were pushed. Then I started shooting outs on Friday around noon. I kept getting hits.

I walked to the backroom, and there sits a heaping pallet of candy that had come in earlier that morning. It wasn't 2, 3, or even 30 boxes. It was more like 60.

I asked if it was going to be pushed, but I was told we didn't have the hours to push it. I had to help finish price changes because we are behind on that too.

I am just amazed that management will let shelves sit empty even though product is here. It seems crazy to self inflict potential lost sales and bad self image as a store that can't keep the shelves stocked.

Sounds like my store. Our flow team was thrown out on Friday and the truck wasn't nearly complete....their reason...no payroll.

That's the difference between a good team and a mediocre team. A good STL will get the exempts out of their offices to take care of that shit if you're in the middle of a payroll crunch. The last few week it's been all hands on deck for helping flow or plano push product to the floor.

That's the difference between a good team and a mediocre team. A good STL will get the exempts out of their offices to take care of that shit if you're in the middle of a payroll crunch. The last few week it's been all hands on deck for helping flow or plano push product to the floor.
I couldn't agree more!! years ago that's the way it was...if payroll was tight the stl would have the etls out there pushing and back stocking etc. Now they just all stand around and talk about how they cut those hours to make payroll and high fiving each other .

if only Pfresh were treated the same way were we could not finish and someone would come along and help and do it for us :)

but yes my execs do this too, they are usually always on the floor doing something, its great

Yeah and for me that makes my teams life hell. All the stuff in the back makes batches huge then we get coached on not finishing our pulls. So we have learned pull some each day. Since help isn't coming, not going to kill ourselves cause only two ETLs in the building will help us. The rest - don't want to break a nail.

If it was set and came in on the truck flow should have pushed it, if it was there and not set - POG should have pushed it.

I have to disagree. I set the revision, pushed the pull, and did outs. Had I been given the time, I would have attempted to push some if it. But to blankly state that pog should have pushed it, that is incorrect. It should have been pushed by flow. But no, the management decided to allow it to sit in the backroom untouched.

I have to disagree. I set the revision, pushed the pull, and did outs. Had I been given the time, I would have attempted to push some if it. But to blankly state that pog should have pushed it, that is incorrect. It should have been pushed by flow. But no, the management decided to allow it to sit in the backroom untouched.

You misread what I had wrote.. It agrees with you..

If it was set and came in on the truck flow should have pushed it, if it was there and not set - POG should have pushed it.

Can you restate please. Because the meaning from "POG should have pushed it" I got was that you meant POG should have to push the whole pallet. Thanks.

Can you restate please. Because the meaning from "POG should have pushed it" I got was that you meant POG should have to push the whole pallet. Thanks.

If that pallet came in before you set where it goes, yep you guys should push it. Why? It would be your fill batch.

if only Pfresh were treated the same way were we could not finish and someone would come along and help and do it for us :)

but yes my execs do this too, they are usually always on the floor doing something, its great

I had the same issue with our dairy transition a few weeks ago. I came in on the Friday (the last day they could do it before they got hit with it on terms of scoring) and every single new whole as empty (including the new sour cream/cottage cheese door). What made it worse was everything was located. I did a fill from backroom batch with my mydevice and there were 53 DCPIs and over 500 items that needed to be pulled from the back. This doesnt including the product that was sitting on a backstock flat. The reason for nothing getting pulled was that our dairy cooler was too full. Since the ETL LOG is in charge of the presentation team, she should have had someone backstock enough so they could pull the new POG product.

My p fresh truck is treated the same way. If they dont have the hours to extend people or schedule people to finish the p fresh push, oh well. We got our p fresh and GM truck on the same days on Saturday. I came in at 2pm yesterday to find their 2 flats of dairy, 2 flats of frozen, 1 flat of meat and a pallet of dry produce that wasnt pushed. Our p fresh did not look full (except for produce) and I had a few guest complaints about how it looks. What they dont realize is that people like coming to Target for the one stop shop because of the p fresh section. If our shelves are constantly light or empty due to lack of hours to push truck, it will look bad.

What target doesnt get it when product sits in the backroom not pushed nor backstocked, it wont sell. It is lost sales right there. It is costing the money.

Bad management to not have someone working on it. The sales would cover, would they finish? No but it would even out. Sales happen and floor gets filled.

These are the times you want the DTL's phone number. There is no way they would be happy to hear "oh just leave it empty with the product in the back." Cause an ETL won't get off their ass and do the work when you don't have hours to give.

You can't get hours if you don't make money. And product in the back costs money.

If that pallet came in before you set where it goes, yep you guys should push it. Why? It would be your fill batch.

That's where I disagree. SOME of the product on the pallet surely would be part of my revision, but it was a whole pallet, say 60 dpcis. And I was one person Friday. There was no "you guys" as you put it. I had five out dpcis not located. But regardless, there should have been a plan to push that pallet when it came in.

As one person I would cut you some slack, but you're still responsible for filling what you set.

Target has been focusing too much on all the metrics, so that in order to get Green on all these different scores, we do things that don't drive sales.
I was taught that our goal was to drive sales profitably.
Focus should be returned to sales, not just having green scores at all costs.

That's where I disagree. SOME of the product on the pallet surely would be part of my revision, but it was a whole pallet, say 60 dpcis. And I was one person Friday. There was no "you guys" as you put it. I had five out dpcis not located. But regardless, there should have been a plan to push that pallet when it came in.

Really, it's neither a plano or flow team issue. The direct responsibility lies on the shoulders of the PPTL, who should have planned for this in advance. Here's why.

Your PPTL knows when the candy comes in, because it comes at the same time on the same day every week. They also know that candy is a direct ship, and when you are setting your revision pog.

Knowing these things, they should have gotten with whomever is responsible for pushing candy, and ensured that it was pushed, and all transition sorted from the backstock, and staged in a place where you could quickly retrieve it to finish your work efficiently.

Doing this ensures your workload is completed smoothly, and also protects their team (you) by ensuring that if you aren't able to complete your work because the pallet wasn't broken down, that the blame isn't falling on your shoulders.

So ultimately, it's your team lead's issue to deal with, mainly his/her poor planning and foresight.

Our store had several pallets leftover from Friday, they pushed the Saturday truck to Sunday because there was no payroll to work it out then. I was told that Sunday is the start of our new fiscal year & that was why they did not extend anyone on Friday. So as of today they have hours to burn. I would not fault any of the TLs, just the ETLs who want their bonuses & take it out on us lowly TMs by cutting hours.

Really, it's neither a plano or flow team issue. The direct responsibility lies on the shoulders of the PPTL, who should have planned for this in advance. Here's why.

whelp. In our store the LOD is responsible for ensuring the candy order gets stocked on the day it arrives. LOD may push it off on Flow, but usually the salesfloor team is tasked with stocking the product.

It's an LOD issue.

whelp. In our store the LOD is responsible for ensuring the candy order gets stocked on the day it arrives. LOD may push it off on Flow, but usually the salesfloor team is tasked with stocking the product.

It's an LOD issue.

Then it's still the PPTL's fault for not communicating that it needed to be sorted. Or if they did, then it's that specific LOD's fault.

"We don't have the hours/budget" is a poor answer.

I know others have addressed this as I will, but if the budget IS that tight, then tasks that fall outside of budget fall on the salaried leadership to complete themselves. Maybe they had interviews, AP concerns, only one was on shift and was manning guest service for an extended period, there could be a lot of answers, but in their role something like this could have and should have been covered.

Your PPTL knows when the candy comes in, because it comes at the same time on the same day every week. They also know that candy is a direct ship, and when you are setting your revision pog.

Knowing these things, they should have gotten with whomever is responsible for pushing candy, and ensured that it was pushed, and all transition sorted from the backstock, and staged in a place where you could quickly retrieve it to finish your work efficiently.

Doing this ensures your workload is completed smoothly, and also protects their team (you) by ensuring that if you aren't able to complete your work because the pallet wasn't broken down, that the blame isn't falling on your shoulders.

So ultimately, it's your team lead's issue to deal with, mainly his/her poor planning and foresight.

Actually, no, It is not POG team's responsibility to go through and sort pallets to determine whether or not the product is set or not. That is absolutely silly and a waste of time. It's faster for whoever is pushing the candy to scan and see if it is set. If it is push it, if it's not then back stock or put it on a pallet. That is absolutely not the POG team's responsibility. Everything they set has product coming in on every truck, so prioritizing a candy revision over empty aisles, bigger transitions, tune in, or whatever, makes no sense.

* I did the candy revision at my store while flow was pushing and they gave me a few things otherwise they would have back stocked it as best practice calls for.

Actually, no, It is not POG team's responsibility to go through and sort pallets to determine whether or not the product is set or not. That is absolutely silly and a waste of time. It's faster for whoever is pushing the candy to scan and see if it is set. If it is push it, if it's not then back stock or put it on a pallet. That is absolutely not the POG team's responsibility. Everything they set has product coming in on every truck, so prioritizing a candy revision over empty aisles, bigger transitions, tune in, or whatever, makes no sense.

* I did the candy revision at my store while flow was pushing and they gave me a few things otherwise they would have back stocked it as best practice calls for.

Did you even read my post?

image.jpg I couldn't find a thread that went particularly with this so i chose the closest one without starting a possible dead end new thread, but, do some stores actually do this. Set excess product on the "do not set this shelf, it is for non-retail components only" shelf? Looks kind of... unsafe a little.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back