I hate market, and I’m new

Yeah, my ETL was TOTALLY glorifying the area when they were pitching me the job. They didn’t let me know how tedious and boring it was going to be and it pisses me off. Little did I know, literally nobody wants to work snack. Fml.
Most jobs in the world have aspects which are tedious and boring. Many job tasks working in Target stores are tedious, boring and frustrating as well. You haven't yet had the pleasure of dealing with some of our more difficult or sneaky guests at checkout.

Yeah, my ETL was TOTALLY glorifying the area when they were pitching me the job. They didn’t let me know how tedious and boring it was going to be and it pisses me off. Little did I know, literally nobody wants to work snack. Fml.
Life is what you make it.

Make up a title for yourself and use it in front of guests.

Example, "Hi! Welcome to Target! I'm Snack Master Gertrude, with chips on my shelves but no chips on my shoulders. HOLLA!"

Or something similar. But you can just trust me and go with that because I worked a really long time on thinking it up just for you.

Ten seconds.

I would think snack would have to be better than canned goods and freezer.

Let's mix it up, and send you to Home Decor! Won't be bored there.... Foam is Fun!

Oh, wait.

5 pound lamp, 20 pounds of garbage. What do you mean it takes longer to unbox??? Get your work done in the time the report says to! I don't want excuses! /Karen Manager

Market is physically harder but management tends to leave you alone. However if you can do some Tech shifts you can pick up hours in other departments because you know how to cashier.

If you think pushing freight in market is boring and tedious and you would rather stand in the same spot in the back and pack boxes for 8 hours in fulfillment be my guest lol
I would love to! They seem to always sound like they’re having fun. Like seriously OPU and SFS look like a blast!

Just the snacks area? My store would have any dry market member eventually do all areas (canned foods, cereals, baking, etc). Sometimes we end up having to do pfresh and freezer to if there's need for it. I've considered wanting to do fulfillment instead as well, but recently, fulfillment has been so pressed they have hr staff helping out just so they can get things ready in time.

Back