Archived I hate when we don't carry something...

Status
Not open for further replies.
We frequently have guests come in looking for something that we don't carry. I'm a compulsive bargain shopper and tend to know where the best prices are. I feel both good and bad when I recommend a different store for a guest to buy something. But I've seen the uppers do it and I also feel like the guest is happier to return if we are honest and helpful Instead of just disappointing them.

So tonight I had a guest ask for the huge presentation board because his child needed it for school in the morning. We just dont carry it. So I explained how the dreaded walmart across the street has it, where and how much, while I walked him to the door. He proceeded to tell me I'm the greatest and how awesome I am. A lot of guests tell me how they come to our store, just because of the friendliness.

I hate when we stop carrying things. I'll be getting my cats their food at Walmart - we stopped carrying what they like with the last reset.

I know there is something on my support that you can request Target to carry in the future. People at my p fresh store always ask for fresh herbs and spices such as Oregano

You're just a minion so it's not your job to console customers if Target doesn't have an item or carry it. Besides that is Target's fault. They sadly try to portray Target as a rich person's or upper middle class version of WalMart. Don't even sell newspapers or spray paint. Because those things are for peasants.

Tell the guests to fill out surveys to request items.

Target (at least my area stores) usually carry the presentation boards. But they may be backstocked or not carried during the holidays.
Dollar general and office stores are another good place to find them.

When you fill out the request form you get an automatic response...

...we no longer sell any frozen dinners my husband will eat. So we spend at least $40 less a week now at target.

I'm sure we've all had to had the sad talk with a guest where we tell them we don't carry caffeine pills. Luckily, my grocery store does.

MySupport does have a guest request form for this purpose. However, I have a suspicion that it is nothing more than a sounding board for employees to make them feel like we are doing something about the guest complaint...

I've always told guests where they can find things that we don't carry. I know enough of the stores around my area so, if a guest can't find something in particular, I know where to send them.
Tends to make you a bit more credible if you know for sure what you DON'T carry; it makes you a LOT more credible if you know who DOES.

I don't mind telling a guests to try such and such store..to find what they are looking ( if we don't carry it) . Hell, I have even sent them to Wally world .

Last edited:
When a guest asks if we have any in the backroom and we dont , the lights dim in the whole store and I laugh similar to a mad scientist , diabolically~like until the fear is too much and they scatter like cockroaches.

Store Fact sheet says our store is roughly 25% African-American.

WHY CAN'T MY STORE SELL BLACK RADIANCE OR IMAN MAKE-UP. LET ME SELL MAKE-UP FOR DARKER SKINNED PEOPLE.

THEY EXIST, SPOT, AND THEY SHOP AT MY STORE.

GIVE IT TO MY STORE GOD DAMN IT.

WHY CAN'T MY STORE SELL BLACK RADIANCE OR IMAN MAKE-UP. LET ME SELL MAKE-UP FOR DARKER SKINNED PEOPLE.

Welp. We sell the shoe polish

it's my biggest pet peeve. I get so many guests asking about those brands

That's not funny. And it's offensive.

Ugh, anyway, I keep asking our cosmetics concierge girl about the Shea moisture cosmetic line. My store won't be getting it. *crying emoji* I considered ordering a few shades and returning what I don't like, but I decided not to risk it. With screen variations, I don't feel comfortable picking a color from a website.

That's not funny. And it's offensive.

Ugh, anyway, I keep asking our cosmetics concierge girl about the Shea moisture cosmetic line. My store won't be getting it. *crying emoji* I considered ordering a few shades and returning what I don't like, but I decided not to risk it. With screen variations, I don't feel comfortable picking a color from a website.

How is it offensive?

Omg shea mositure makeup. That would sell amazingly at my store. Lets get rid of NYC and WetnWild give me this

Will everyone calm down with the "oh my FUCK he said an offensive thing" comments? We don't need to freak out at every single comment that could be perceived as offensive. It was obviously a JOKE. It was not meant to be racist or offensive.

Maybe it was meant as a joke but that doesn't make it funny ...and it doesn't make it "ok". Someone making a joke like that is just wrong.

Maybe some of us have joke fatigue.
"Oh, it's funny! C'mon.....laugh already."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back