COVID-19 I have a feeling that the lifting of the mask restrictions is going to be open to a whole lot of abuse

Of course there will be guests that will say they're vaccinated, but they're not, and there's nothing we can do about it.

But what really concerns me is that the wording of Target's response "will strongly recommend" that unvaccinated team members continue to wear a mask and that Target will not verify vaccination status. Target could do something about it by asking for vaccination cards but doesn't want to.

I'm specifically worried what one of my team leaders will do once the local mandate expires. He's a hardcore right-wing type, it just oozes out of him without even talking about politics (long story, hard to explain), but he's made it no secret that he's fed up with having to wear a mask the whole time we've had to wear one. A coworker told me that a while back he overheard him telling someone that he wouldn't be getting the vaccine. His vehicle is covered in right-wing bumper stickers including one that says "Fire Fauci", I know because I parked next to him once. I don't think that's a bumper sticker that someone who has been vaccinated would put on their vehicle.

I just have a gut feeling that he will lie about his vaccination status and come to work without a mask and it makes me and many other team members really uncomfortable because we will have to be around this unmasked TL. One of my coworkers wants to quit because this is a very real possibility with him.

Is there anything that anyone can do about this potential situation? HR? Corporate hotline? SD/ETL? Or am I out of luck?

Get vaccinated. That's the goal. If you don't want to get vaccinated, then follow the CDC precautions that have been in place for well over a year now.

Target is forcing the hand. Take the risk of not being vaccinated or get vaccinated.

Don't be prejudice about his actions if in decides not to wear the mask. Keep your distance, in light hearted conversations (not in front of everyone), if your little heart desires to make the comment about how you didn't think he was for the vaccine then that is your prerogative. In short, don't be "that" person..........;)

I don't see how people can "abuse" it if it says it's "strongly recommended", which in other words means it's not required. Someone not vaccinated is not abusing it or getting around it if they don't wear a mask, because they're allowed not to wear one.

Because of that, I don't think you can do anything about someone who isn't vaccinated choosing to not wear a mask, and the policy says that Target won't ask for proof of vaccination anyway.

As expected all the people at my dc who have told me they were never getting the vaccine are now walking around with no masks.

Just read the India strain that's even more easily transmitted than the uk strain has been found in Nevada.

I have a feeling things are gonna get bad.

If the new strain gets here , I heard that people with diabetes are getting another disease called black fungus or something which is fatal ! I’m hearing it’s getting serious in clusters in India !

Just saw on the news that Amazon requires you to give proof that you are vaccinated.

Between the maskless liars and army of pedophiles we have at the DC I'm ready to say buhhhhh bye to target.

I believe if you get COVID and ask for short-term disability Target will make you show your vaccination card.

Yes, I realize that you still might get COVID even if you vaccinated but it is not likely.

Target told me when they first hired me that if you had an accident THEY MIGHT drug test but otherwise they don't bother.

I got stitches at work a couple of years and they never tested me.

This is somewhat similar IMHO.

Back