Archived I have a real problem here... HELP!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

xxTheDudexx

Front of Store Attendant
I went to let my dog out about an hour and a half ago and he bolted after some deer before I had a chance of securing him on the leash. I've been calling him for an hour. My cashier shift starts at 11:30......... I really don't want to call off because I just called off 2 weeks ago (I think) when I was sick (2nd time I've ever called off since November). What do I do? I've got another hour before I have to start getting ready I'm the only person here, and my dog is off chasing deer....... I'm worried he's going to get hit, I live close to a busy road a couple blocks away. Is calling off for a missing dog a even legitimate excuse? Recommendations?

I went to let my dog out about an hour and a half ago and he bolted after some deer before I had a chance of securing him on the leash. I've been calling him for an hour. My cashier shift starts at 11:30......... I really don't want to call off because I just called off 2 weeks ago (I think) when I was sick (2nd time I've ever called off since November). What do I do? I've got another hour before I have to start getting ready I'm the only person here, and my dog is off chasing deer....... I'm worried he's going to get hit, I live close to a busy road a couple blocks away. Is calling off for a missing dog a even legitimate excuse? Recommendations?

Just say its an emergency. You seem past your 90 days so its fine. Dont make it a habit thats all.

I guess I'll just go in, I'm going to hate knowing he's loose outside. He chases anything, should have been more careful this morning. I hope he's careful. I'll just ask if there's any way I can leave early or if anyone can stay longer.

Last edited:
This happened to me once for a volunteer event. I went as soon as I found her, but they were already cleaning up. I probably would've called in for work. Now that I think about it, I could've called the shelter, but oh well. I explained the situation the next day to my ETL-HR.

I would call in because what if you never find your dog after your work shift, he could have wander off somewhere really far.

Most people who have pets would understand.
As long as you aren't calling out all the time and this is a one time thing, I don't see a problem.
Your doggie is more important.
Now what are doing on the internet?
Go find him.

They never need to know reasons, unless you start making a habit of calling and need to explain yourself. Tell them you can't make it, or have a emergency. I hate call inning in too, but I would be so upset I would just have to find my pet! Good luck, I hope you are not behind a stupid register right now, regretting it.....

Well thanks for the tips, I went in thinking somebody would be nice enough to do what I've been doing for almost a year. Nobody helped me. I'm not going to lift a finger to help another team member again. i cover and work longer hours for everyone, but they won't do it for me. I help them out and they don't lift a finger to help me. I was ready to c-punt guest through three walls because she was so mean and nasty for me shutting down my lane. I was like? Are you serious?

Dude, now you know who your real spot friends are. They're the ones you can count on. You can ask your gstl, if she knows any tm's who wants to cover your shift or get extra hours.

What's the deal? Did the dog come back, or what?

Seriously! The dog? I'm not saying I like animals better than people. . . but I've seriously been wondering about your dog since I read your thread. I'm sorry the people at your store are jerks. I hate to say this, but with Target, you really have to think of yourself first. No one else will. They're more worried that there is an extra cart of reshop sitting around than they are that your dog is in trouble. Hope your dog is back at home safe. Let us know!

I'm glad I went in on that day because I have to call off today. I have gout really bad. Can't even lay a bed sheet over my foot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back