Archived I have a training question

Status
Not open for further replies.
first off I hope this is where I am supposed to post this, if not I am sorry. My question comes with a story... I was hired as a seasonal cashier but one day I covered in electronics for an hour and the tl over there offered me a job after seasonal, well today I did training but it was sales floor training with a random tl. All we did today was pulls and helped guests. Does this mean I will continue training in the other part of the store, or will I do electronics training later? Or does this mean I will just work hard lines that is not in electronics?

Wait and see.

In a proper training program, you don't go through every little thing in one shift. Before training at my store became non-existent, hardlines TMs would get one entire shift of cashier training and one entire shift of pushing CAFs in addition to multiple shifts of zoning/re-shop/whatever. TMs who were going to be in electronics would get additional training shifts to learn electronics-specific things.

Remember, electronics is part of the sales floor, so you need to know how to work on the sales floor as an electronics TM. Electronics is more than just selling product; you're responsible for zoning your area as well as working all your own re-shop and CAF pulls.

As of now, Electronics is it's own department and would require a Job-Change if you were to become an Electronics Team Member. The fact that you were asked to stay on as regular, while being in electronics, has nothing to do with staying in Electronics.

If you were a Seasonal Salesfloor 2014 hire, you will have to undergo Regular Salesfloor TM training. Most of it is the same, but it's still pretty different from being an Electronics TM.

If you're interested in being an Electronics TM though, find out who the Team Lead in charge of Electronics is and ask them about it. Electronics Team Members are typically paid more than regular Salesfloor Team Members and typically require that you actually apply for the position.

@RetailWorld sorry I was not very specific in the original post, he did say that the position would be in electronics he didn't just ask if I wanted to stay on after seasonal. That is why I am confused as of why I am not in electronics training. However, like mrknownothing said it could just be to teach me the basics of being on the sales floor.

Try asking your store team...?

Depends on the needs of your store. My last store only had a MMB TM and a Electronics TM. They got the majority of the Electronics shifts. The remainder were given to qualified Hardline TMs. Usually new hires are put on the floor for their first 90 days. Then they are transitioned to Electronics once they meet their 90 days and pass the quiz.

The hiring packet or your Core Duties you signed off on should tell you what your main workcenter is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back