Archived I have been at Target for three years, between the Cafe & Electronics, and my pay is less than most.

Status
Not open for further replies.
The title pretty much says it all. Who decides how much each person gets paid? I am currently getting paid (after the raise that came with our team member reviews) $10.53 an hour. I know a team member who said she started out at $10 last year, while I was still being paid $9.75 until this year's pay raise. Am I wrong in being a little upset at this? I just think I should be given more. We shouldn't talk about our pay, but it kinda sucks when people who started after you are already getting paid more than you.

Right now, I'm still at $9. I've not had my review yet. New CA is at $10 that started last week. TMs are saying they're getting bumped up to the $10 with their raise at review time, though. (I'm not supposed to know that. Oops.)

I have been at target almost 9 months and our pay bumped up from 9 to 10 and 9.75 to 10.75 in other places and got my review so now I make 10.97

It doesn't make any sense to me.

This is my first job in retail. Are they all like Target?

The title pretty much says it all. Who decides how much each person gets paid? I am currently getting paid (after the raise that came with our team member reviews) $10.53 an hour. I know a team member who said she started out at $10 last year, while I was still being paid $9.75 until this year's pay raise. Am I wrong in being a little upset at this? I just think I should be given more. We shouldn't talk about our pay, but it kinda sucks when people who started after you are already getting paid more than you.

3 years here and was at 9.75 before yearly review, as wel... same boat as you, OP. Only plus side this year, there was a market increase at our store. I honestly don't even care anymore what others make, or start at... I just do my job and go home at the end of my shift.

well you are still making more than I did... after 10yrs I only made $9.66 an hour!

Right now, I'm still at $9. I've not had my review yet. New CA is at $10 that started last week. TMs are saying they're getting bumped up to the $10 with their raise at review time, though. (I'm not supposed to know that. Oops.)

Actually you can know. Target had a press release that informed the world that they care so much about their employees that they hsve raised their base wage.

I quit last month, but I was making $10.31 with a dollar more paygrade, so I was making 31 cents over my base pay. I had been there 6 years.
sounds like me but i'm still working after 3 1/2 yrs only at 10.40 as a perishable assistant ( no review yet) ... wtf am i still doing here ?

New boss in town...gives zone captains 2 dollar raise, now a kid thats been there 8 months make what I make after almost 8 years and I am the receiver. Plus the new boss cuts my hours so she can have a receiver Saturday and Sunday even though there is no need for one on Sunday and then says with a smile "you can work that 6th day every week if you want the hours." Um...ok since I have that family to take care of I guess I will "happily" do in 6 days what I had no problem doing in 5 with all my 38.75 hours...thanks bitch.

I've never done that, so I can't much respond.

The work I do is easy-peasy...

I started as seasonal and just got bumped to the ten dollars and my raise and I think it's bullshit I make more than people who have been there longer. Sure I may do more work than some but I think seniority should have some kind of effect especially now that new hires get the increase automatically. I feel bad for everyone at my store and on here that are getting paid the same or less than new hires. It sucks and isn't right. I undersand certain work areas pay more too in the store so that aside I still think it sucks when say a new cart attendant makes the same or a little more than one that's been there for years, cashier etc. I know the merit is based on review scores too so I do know some people are mad but they call in all the time and slack so at my store when that's the case it's like well....

That's one thing I didn't understand I'm making more than a guy that's been there for 4 years didn't have the heart too tell him

I know a woman who has been with the company for 9+ years now who was previously over $10 before reviews, so she didn't get the base pay raisein her review. The base pay went up to $10 for us and now she barely makes more than the new hires. She's pretty upset about it. I, on the other hand, have been working at Target nearly a year. Started out at $9.25/hr and got the base pay raise, my 41 cent merit raise, plus an additional 75 cents for moving up to GSA. So effective tomorrow, I'll be making $11.41/hr. Overall raise of $2.16.

What's the big deal about cleaning restrooms?

Everybody poops and pisses! Get over it and do what needs to be done.

Nobody ever promised me a rose garden @ Spot.

It doesn't make any sense to me.

This is my first job in retail. Are they all like Target?

Mostly, depends on the store since some places pay a bit more above minimum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back