Archived "I have Corporate/XYZ Target on the Phone"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amanda Cantwell

Service Advocate
What do you all say to the Guest who says they have corporate/XYZ target on the phone (where XYZ is one of the targets nearby)?

Do you speak with them? If so, what do you say/ask to confirm it's an actual Target employee?

Thanks!

I never speak to corporate on a guests phone. Nor does corporate ever talk directly to us TMs...as far as I know. And when they do, they wouldn't get to you via the guest, so likely the guest is full of shit.

This has happened a few times with guests wanting to do questionable returns. I just tell the guest I'm not allowed to use their phone.

If a guest is threatening to call corporate on me for something, I say "Go ahead". If they're seriously calling corporate over something I did, then I obviously deserve to be fired. Most of them are trying scare tactics that would scare me if I was fresh from orientation. I've had two corporate threats against me before, I'm still at Spot to this day.

I never speak to corporate on a guests phone. Nor does corporate ever talk directly to us TMs...as far as I know. And when they do, they wouldn't get to you via the guest, so likely the guest is full of shit.

This has happened a few times with guests wanting to do questionable returns. I just tell the guest I'm not allowed to use their phone.

Yeah, in the event that corporate, or even a leader at another store wants to talk to a TM, they'll call the store directly.

In my experience, when a guest says they have Corporate on the line, they are talking to 1800 Guest Relations.

If a matter needed to be addressed by Corporate to the store level they will contact the STL.

Always direct a guest to the GSTL or ETL if a matter is beyond your responsibility or ability.

In my experience, when a guest says they have Corporate on the line, they are talking to 1800 Guest Relations.

If a matter needed to be addressed by Corporate to the store level they will contact the STL.

Always direct a guest to the GSTL or ETL if a matter is beyond your responsibility or ability.
Ok so what do I do if they have 800 guest relations on the line?

You can speak to them. But IMO...Guest Relations does not drive the store. And have been known to quote conflicting information.

Follow best store procedures or call over your GSTL/ETL for assistance. They should direct you.

Ok. Is there a question i can ask GR that they will always know the answer but like the average guest's spouse pretending to be guest relations wouldn't?

And I do know if ever they say something that doesn't seem right to call over GSTL

Ok. Is there a question i can ask GR that they will always know the answer but like the average guest's spouse pretending to be guest relations wouldn't?

And I do know if ever they say something that doesn't seem right to call over GSTL

Yeah as a TM there is no reason you should speak to guest relations. Guest relations is not going to tell you to do something in the moment (yes you have to make this return) they would contact your STL later and see if there are trends in guest complaints that need to be addressed.

Ok. So I should just say "I'm sorry, unless they contact the store directly I can't talk with them" for any sort of "I have whoever on the phone"

So I should just say "I'm sorry, unless they contact the store directly I can't talk with them" for any sort of "I have whoever on the phone"
And if they start berating you, simply let them know that 'corp' will only speak to the STL so you will have to wait for verification from them.
Likewise from Guest Relations.
Too often it's one of their buddies on the phone trying to further a scam.
One of our GSTMs played along & said "Ok, I'm waiting for the override code. You don't have it? No....that number didn't work. That's the wrong type. What's your TM number? I need to verify your identity."

In that case, I think a good thing to ask whoever is on the phone to find out if they are GR would be the daily override code, right? Since it's always changing.

Corporate will rarely ask to speak to a TM/management while on the phone with a guest. Even though they will give the guest conflicting information, they know we aren't allowed to use guests' phones.

On the few occasions corporate gets involved in guest issues, they've always notified management. Usually, it's via email first, then corporate calls the store directly.

We actually had one recently where the guest contacted corporate about a complaint, which included pharmacy policies. Our DM & PM (pharmacy manager) both received emails before someone at corporate contacted them via phone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back