Archived I have returned from a journey to a land far away [out this hoe!]

Status
Not open for further replies.
and there I beheld wonders beyond my imagining, a land where bread grows on trees, a land whose people do not know the misery and despair and suffering that we endure daily. Such is their prosperity that our monthly bread famines are utterly incomprehensible to them. The Breadlands, also known as a different retailer's newly-opened distribution center, just hired me today and they've packed 36 hours into 3 days which leaves 3 other days to continue irritating my STL with corny quips about OT at 6 am. Nope, I'm not quitting Target quite yet, however I know myself and I know that as Q4 approaches and the guests become extremely in my way to the point where all productivity ceases, I will think of the better life that awaits me across the way and eventually that 2 week notice *will* be given. So I guess I can consider this a placeholder thread until that actually happens, lmao.

I still can't get over the 36 hours in 3 days thing. I always knew it was possible but I'm still shook just seeing it for the first time IRL. But like I always say, let's get this bread NO DAYS OFF!

I'm in contact w a bunch of temp agencies who provide workers to employers in my area. Lots of production and warehouse jobs around here offering 4 10 hour shifts or 3 12s and a weekend day. Not a bad deal if you can make it work w the rest of your life.

I got an offer for a large retailer that is opening down the street from my store. It'll be the first location in my market, and they were wanting to pay a bit more, but I feel really comfortable at Target and don't want to lose that for a few bucks. But I get it, man. Congrats!

I got an offer for a large retailer that is opening down the street from my store. It'll be the first location in my market, and they were wanting to pay a bit more, but I feel really comfortable at Target and don't want to lose that for a few bucks. But I get it, man. Congrats!
Why did you apply for the job then?

Crikey this DC building is fucking huge, mates. Could easily fit 10 of my LV store inside with room to spare! (Not Amazon, by the way).

Their break "room" is more like a "break arena"...it's a massive cafeteria with walls and walls of vending machines and microwaves, a million different sandwiches and wraps in a hot hold box, like 20 different brands of energy drinks and all the chairs have cushions. I stopped in there after orientation and copped a roast beef and Swiss on a Hawaiian bun for $2 and then I had to go back and get a couple more to take home with me because it was THAT tasty.

As far as working there goes I'll be loading and unloading outbound and inbound trucks. Each trailer has a big fan by the door that keeps a gale blowing on you at all times, and all areas of the building I've been in so far have been consistently about 15-20 degrees cooler than Target. The conveyor belts are all powered and move automatically so obviously no tearing up my shoulder by having to push the line. Also, since this retailer sells mostly clothing and accessories, almost all of their casepacks are generally not heavy.

See what I mean about eventually quitting? It's only a matter of time, my homies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back