Archived I just passed my interviews; answering questions about the process and development!

Status
Not open for further replies.

EagleEye

Executive Team Leader
Hi!

I have recently interviewed for Team Lead and have passed! That being said, according to some of my leaders, the processes have changed a bit. I will answer questions anyone has about moving up, the interview process (will not give out interview questions), and the development process.

Let's talk about personal wins/ops, store wins/ops, and let me give you tips on how you can get on the radar of your store's leadership to spark their interest!

Hi!

I have recently interviewed for Team Lead and have passed! That being said, according to some of my leaders, the processes have changed a bit. I will answer questions anyone has about moving up, the interview process (will not give out interview questions), and the development process.

Let's talk about personal wins/ops, store wins/ops, and let me give you tips on how you can get on the radar of your store's leadership to spark their interest!

First of all, congrats. I'm still in my 90 days, and I've been chosen to lead our flow team when my TL isn't there. I've been approached about development and interviews post-90 days. After my 90 days are up, should I ask about moving up to a TL position, and pretty much what is the process of promotion like? Thanks!

Hi!

First of all, congrats. I'm still in my 90 days, and I've been chosen to lead our flow team when my TL isn't there. I've been approached about development and interviews post-90 days. After my 90 days are up, should I ask about moving up to a TL position, and pretty much what is the process of promotion like? Thanks!

Definitely inquire about it asap after you are through your 90 days, and are a regular team member. Once they know you are interested, you'll be on their radar. You will have to demonstrate leadership skills, be able to speak to metrics, and talk the Target lingo. If you have that natural leadership presence and can lead a team without being their boss, then keep on talking about moving up with your team lead. They can mentor you.

Once you are ready, they will start talking about leadership expectations and eventually start going through some mock interview guides to prepare you for the interviews. You HAVE to do well in these mock interviews or else you'll fall off the interest list.

If mock interviews go well, they may talk to your DTL about scheduling an interview. For me personally, I interviewed with my ETL-HL, ETL-HR, and my STL. After I passed those three, I went on to interview with the DTL.

Situational questions are very popular!

My TL's already mentoring me, actually. Talking about different situations, what to do and what not to do; I've been told by my ETL and our backroom TL that I'm "one of the few" they want to make a TL. Leading the team when my team lead isn't there will obviously help demonstrate my skills; I'm apparently good at developing other team members, as I was asked to take a TM "under my wing" and he's gone from yellow to green in less than a month, and he's being named Top Performer for November. Guess I just need to keep plugging away until my 90 days are up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back