Archived I just unintentionally no-showed at work...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel like a douche, simply put. I don't have any excuse- I just slept through my alarm.

What exactly should I do? My shift today is already over..
I feel like I need to apologize to someone :/

it happenes, it happened to me, call them up, talk to the LOD and say there was a family emergency or something.

Yea, call in.
Give a good story, the truth is always a good place but a family emergency works.
Sound contrite and don't do it again, you should be all right.

If it is your first offense, just be honest. People make mistakes. If you have done this before, and you have had other coachings for performance, I would go with an "excuse". There are potential ramifications either way, but I always prefer honesty.

I did it after Black Friday. I was totally lost as to what day it was when I woke up, thought I hadn't worked until Monday. I'm really cool with my ETL so I just had a very quick coaching from my TL and had to sign a sheet later.

For the future, have two alarms. I have one 50 minutes before my shift starts and one 30 minutes before it starts. It always gives me time to lie there and contemplate the shortcomings of my life before getting up, getting ready, and taking the 15min drive there.

I did it after Black Friday. I was totally lost as to what day it was when I woke up, thought I hadn't worked until Monday. I'm really cool with my ETL so I just had a very quick coaching from my TL and had to sign a sheet later.

For the future, have two alarms. I have one 50 minutes before my shift starts and one 30 minutes before it starts. It always gives me time to lie there and contemplate the shortcomings of my life before getting up, getting ready, and taking the 15min drive there.

Thanks...this made me laugh out loud!!!

I've done this before; misread my shift start time or alarm simply didn't go off, and I would get woken up by a phone call from work. They typically call TM's who are 30 minutes or so late to a shift to confirm that they are coming in. Because of that, I just get tagged as late, and not as a NCNS. I don't rely on that phone call (to save my butt from a NCNS), though. I know it's a courtesy from them and I shouldn't take it for granted.

I have to be extra careful for 6:00am Market shifts because not only am I VERY unlikely to wake up on my own for that alarm, but I wouldn't get a phone-call because there usually isn't an ETL in the building until 7:30am or so. I always set two or three alarms at 10 minute intervals for that. And I have a separate alarm that I've set for the earliest start time I would ever have (which is 5am) to go off EVERY day so it can be my backup in case my phone dies. But I actually haven't changed it since DST so it goes off an hour late now, lol. But I've never had to use it.

I always set 10 alarms on my phone, and I charge my phone every other night so I don't have to worry about the battery dying. I know, 10 alarms is a lot, but college ruined me. :D

A NCNS would be an instant CA for conduct (one specifically for NCNS)... just don't let it happen again within 6 months or it will got to FW...

for my 4 am shifts... i have 2 alarms on my phone(15 mins apart), the alarm set on my night stand, and another alarm clock across the room (just so i have to get up and walk over there to turn it off)

Salescloorgirl, don't listen to the people saying tell the truth. The truth is they won't care that you were being truthful and you'll be in a pile of **** with a corrective action. Just say you had a urgent family emergency and had no time to call. You might be off the hook. Just be careful and don't let it happen again ;)

I've done that twice in 4 years, but was able to get in before my shift ended. First time I got a by. Years later I got a cca.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back