Archived I know it's retail... but come on!

Status
Not open for further replies.

mickey

Searching for a PDA
What is it with guests being so dang rude and impatient?

A guest walked up with her husband and teenage daughter. She asked if I knew where an item was. Pretty normal, eh?

Well the item was something totally out of the ordinary, so I had no idea where it could be.

I pull out my walkie and ask if someone knew a location for it...

While I was doing that, the lady turned her back and began to say rude things to her husband and daughter then walked away while I was in the middle of a sentance and helping them.

Why put in the effort to ask a TM for help if you can't even wait five seconds for an answer?

It irks me when a guest asks me if we have something, and i tell them in not sure so ill type it into my PDA and they say "nevermind ill find it myself". like why bother asking if you wont even wait a second so i can find it! lol

I love the guests that look down on us pions. Won't make eye contact and as soon as you answer their question, they walk away without a smile or thank you.

I always apologize and act overly nice to guests....more so when they are rude. It drives them nuts.

The meaner a guest is to me, than the nicer I am back to the guest.

You'd be surprised at how well that works.

Give it a shot, then get back to me.

You are so right. I had one team member that asked me to help a guest because she didn't know if we sold a certain item. By the time I got to the guest, she was upset. I was overly nice and apologizing. She quickly turned her attitude around and was grateful. I became her personal shopper and she bought a ton of items.

Either way, you can't feel guilty for being nice to someone.

b5issz.jpg

Try not having something at a Starbucks counter & have a guest say "Nevermind, we'll go to a REAL Starbucks. I'm sure THEY'LL have it."
Eat hot death & die.

I had someone demand a refund because the white mocha was sinking to the bottom in an iced drink because that happens at "corporate" Starbucks. I asked if he has ever had to use anything the texture of molasses in something cold.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back