I miss Target so much!!

I know, I know, grass is always greener on the other side. But I miss Target. I was closing TL, and I left after three months to go to Amazon as a manager, and it's been hell. I am struggling so much more than I had expected. I knew there would be barriers, but I didn't expect a non-insignificant portion of the PA (Amazon's TLs) team to despise me from nearly the get-go. I launched the building I was in, so I am actually more senior than the PAs at least here, but I've failed to build and maintain trust, and now it's all hit the fan. I've recently received a PIP, so it's basically all over for me here because nobody at Amazon recovers from PIPs. Really wish I had stayed and taken the slow, steady path to ETL here instead. I was just scared that I wouldn't be able to make it, but now it looks like I wasn't ready to begin with.

Of course. I worked entry level retail for quite the whole and I was pretty tired of not having any money. That's why I promoted. Also depending where, TLs don't make THAT much cash.

You'd probably end up getting a higher starting wage as an ETL since you're not a current TL there. From what I've heard and read, salary wise, it is better to leave and come back vs. be promoted from within. Can't hurt to try to apply!

You'd probably end up getting a higher starting wage as an ETL since you're not a current TL there. From what I've heard and read, salary wise, it is better to leave and come back vs. be promoted from within. Can't hurt to try to apply!
In any industry getting promoted from within puts you at a disadvantage because they now what you make now.

When I did engineering when they asked my salary I would always add at least 5% and go from there.

I have noticed lately with several (Non Target) friends that they don't even bother to negotiate salary at all even when they are already working in their field.

I think this happens more to people that haven't switched jobs in three or four years too.

some TLs get paid some weak chicken shit like $16-17/hr, and some TLs are flexing on some ETLs. Some particularly luckless TLs earn $30 an hour but they're in California and therefore homeless, living in their cars and eating all their meals at the food bank. There are so many various and sundry variables to the equation that it's nearly impossible to predict if a given TL is ballin out or sucking dick for money on da hard-knock streets of L.A.

some TLs get paid some weak chicken shit like $16-17/hr, and some TLs are flexing on some ETLs. Some particularly luckless TLs earn $30 an hour but they're in California and therefore homeless, living in their cars and eating all their meals at the food bank. There are so many various and sundry variables to the equation that it's nearly impossible to predict if a given TL is ballin out or sucking dick for money on da hard-knock streets of L.A.
So…. The TMs most definitely have a second job on the streets then, right?

I have never worked at Target but I did apply and will be attending orientation within the next week. I see a lot of people on here talking about how bad Target is and Amazon and all that. I am currently working in a shipping position rn where I have to be extremely fast to get orders packaged and out the door. Super physically and mentally draining. My question is it really that bad at Target? I’ve watched many YouTube videos on the fulfillment position and it doesn’t seem as harsh as my current job. I know Target isn’t perfect but no matter where you go to work there will always be something you don’t like. Please help I am stuck on what to dooo!!!!

I have never worked at Target but I did apply and will be attending orientation within the next week. I see a lot of people on here talking about how bad Target is and Amazon and all that. I am currently working in a shipping position rn where I have to be extremely fast to get orders packaged and out the door. Super physically and mentally draining. My question is it really that bad at Target? I’ve watched many YouTube videos on the fulfillment position and it doesn’t seem as harsh as my current job. I know Target isn’t perfect but no matter where you go to work there will always be something you don’t like. Please help I am stuck on what to dooo!!!!
I can't speak for anyone else but I really enjoy working for Target. I'm on the salesfloor though, not in the back. If your job now is that stressful, I don't think Target would be any worse and would probably be better.

This of course will vary from store to store depending on your leadership, but I would give it a shot. But again, I'm only speaking from my personal experience.

Back