Archived I need advice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a TL and a GSTL that will do anything for us to get redcards. I'm currently an electronics team member, and a hardlines TL is consistent with dropping prices up too 30$ just to get a stupid card. One of my GSTLs stated that even if they don't know their social security number, to "just type a random one in" im seriously not comfortable with changing prices to better my chances. I want to call the hotline, however Im not sure how to go about this. Please help!

I have a TL and a GSTL that will do anything for us to get redcards. I'm currently an electronics team member, and a hardlines TL is consistent with dropping prices up too 30$ just to get a stupid card. One of my GSTLs stated that even if they don't know their social security number, to "just type a random one in" im seriously not comfortable with changing prices to better my chances. I want to call the hotline, however Im not sure how to go about this. Please help!
The $30 thing is not the problem. typing in random SSNs is credit fraud,which the guest is commiting and the tm is conspiring to commit. Go to the stl first,If the stl is cool with this, then yes this needs to go to the hotline. It is best to document everything beforehand. And if possible, get as many tms as possible to call. Do not type in random ssns, because it will come back too you; you will be thrown under the bus

A cashier got fired for using random SSN's in apps. AP was watching her for a few weeks before she was fired. Call the hotline. Tell them your leaders are advocating that you commit fraud to get red card apps.

I wouldn't be changing any prices...you will end up doing the walk of shame.....

You can ck with your etl hl, etl ge or stl. Calling the hotline is not a good idea.
I disagree.

Calling Integrity first is not a good idea. If you call, your STL will catch wind of it and not be happy that the issue was not brought up with him/her first. Exhaust your in-store options first: ETL-HR and STL (and in this particular situation, AP). Of course, if the STL, et al are in on it, then absolutely go to Integrity.

Calling Integrity first is not a good idea. If you call, your STL will catch wind of it and not be happy that the issue was not brought up with him/her first. Exhaust your in-store options first: ETL-HR and STL (and in this particular situation, AP). Of course, if the STL, et al are in on it, then absolutely go to Integrity.
In my experience the STL wouldnt do anything and brush it under the rug. Plus you don't want to be labeled a narc....going to the STL or HR. At least calling the hotline they won't know it's you.

In my experience the STL wouldnt do anything and brush it under the rug. Plus you don't want to be labeled a narc....going to the STL or HR. At least calling the hotline they won't know it's you.

From another thread written by an Etl member:

The integrity hotline is pretty much a "do or die" scenario for store Leadership. Hotline calls are often taken by the Group HR leader or a designated ETL-HR with years of experience. After a hotline call is made, reports are sent to district, group and Corporate level HR's and actions plans are created and must be carried out with 30 days. When calling you have the opportunity to remain anonymous and trust me, you will remain anonymous. We had one team member call the hotline anonymously and our STL was on the war path to find out who it was. Needless to say the day after, the STL started her War Path. She was out the door!!!! The Hotline is a serious matter, for team members and Leadership. Even thought the Hotline is there for Team Members, I do strongly suggest that you work out your issues first with store level leadership as everyone above have suggested.

Last edited:
UPDATE: I spoke with the ETL-AP hes arranging a meeting with the ETL-GE, ETL-HR, ETL-SF, and STL. He told me to notify him if nothing changes within 2 weeks, and he'll take it above store level. Also, I've been kept anonymous, aswell as another team member.

UPDATE: I spoke with the ETL-AP hes arranging a meeting with the ETL-GE, ETL-HR, ETL-SF, and STL. He told me to notify him if nothing changes within 2 weeks, and he'll take it above store level. Also, I've been kept anonymous, aswell as another team member.

Glad to hear.
This sounds like a very good solution.
I hope everything goes well for you.

Gotta love the stores that start encouraging guests to create fake SSNs, or our one GSTL who the other day thought it was acceptable to bring in her daughter's checkbook and driver's license and sign up for both the credit and the debit...shady, pathetic & sad. I have heard some real horror stories on here...encouraging children to sign up, fake SSNs, fake checks, fake IDs, the whole enchilada. I would rather our scores be red every week of the year than commit such fraudulent activity. Vile.

Do not call the hotline they will know who.you are and will use that against you ..don't do it..when my etl tells me to do something i know can get me fired or worse for nope not doing it ....

what i think is really sad is that people feel like they need to do that to keep their job.

This. People aren't doing it because they are having fun screwing over the system. They honestly don't feel as if they have any other choice. The pressure is so great right now, that it is going to start coming down to people losing their jobs when stores cannot meet these ridiculous numbers. And it kills me that people who are good at their job in every other way will be performanced out when the numbers hit the fan.

I don't really believe it's so much fear of termination as much as fear of an IE review. Little or no raise for poor conversion is a thing, but you're far more likely to be fired for creative selling strategies than for poor conversion.

There already is little to no raise. Are they going to make it $0.01 now?
I don't really believe it's so much fear of termination as much as fear of an IE review. Little or no raise for poor conversion is a thing, but you're far more likely to be fired for creative selling strategies than for poor conversion.

At this point I don't really care anymore. Leadership at my store already has it out for us GSAs especially. They're convinced the other GSA is an incompetent ninny who doesn't know what she's doing, which is false; I feel like I'm the only one sticking up for her. With me, they wonder why I'm unable to score as many REDcards on my shifts as our GSTLs do, completely disregarding everything else I do for the team. It's just a constant steaming pile of shit being flung our direction and it absolutely isn't worth the N07 paygrade.

At this point I don't really care anymore. Leadership at my store already has it out for us GSAs especially. They're convinced the other GSA is an incompetent ninny who doesn't know what she's doing, which is false; I feel like I'm the only one sticking up for her. With me, they wonder why I'm unable to score as many REDcards on my shifts as our GSTLs do, completely disregarding everything else I do for the team. It's just a constant steaming pile of shit being flung our direction and it absolutely isn't worth the N07 paygrade.

Yep. GSA sounds great. And I only do it for the amount of hours. But everything about the job beyond that sucks. Everyone hates you, the rules change daily and everything that goes wrong is your fault, and recognition doesn't exist.

I think my teams leadership must be much better than most. There's days where I'm not fond of my job, but other than the shit pay I enjoy it most days.

Then again I think the dynamic changed when the GSTL went on LOA, when he eventually returns the LOD's may treat me differently than they currently do. As is though, they largely treat me and one of the other GSA's as if we are GSTL's.

From what I've heard though the GSTL doesn't want to return as GSTL, he wants to return in another role, I'd be fine with becoming GSTL while he's gone and having him become a sales floor TL when he returns. There's only two GSA's I think they'd ever promote (the two that the leaders have treated as GSTL's while the actual GSTL has been gone, we wrote the reviews for the cashiers this year), the others have been GSA's for years and don't really get the same level of respect from the ETL's. The other GSA I could foresee being promoted past TM is currently interviewing for ETL though, so if any current GSA were to be made GSTL I'd be 95% certain that it would be me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back