Archived I need some advice!

Status
Not open for further replies.
we have 9 ETL's and 15 team leads.. that's just crazy to think of how few ETL's you have.

We have 3 ETLs and 9 TLs. We just lost 2 TLs per AE '12, so as of last year, we weren't too far off from you with the TL headcount.

Last edited:
i would challenge as to why i'm working so many LOD shifts. How are you suppose to lead a team if you're never with your team?

That's why I've never understood having a GSTL be a SrTL. A GSTL is pretty much stuck at the front end, whereas a SrTL needs to be available for the whole store when they're LOD. If a SrGSTL is LOD, they're not necessarily available for their own team. It makes more sense for a sales floor TL to be a SrTL because they're always on the move (as the LOD would be) and can lead their team from wherever. Not to say that GSTLs shouldn't be able to become SrTLs, but if they do, they should be moved to another area which lets them move around throughout the store.

When one of our Hardlines SrTLs was on maternity leave last year, one of the GSTLs was temporarily a SrTL in her place. However, he was considered a Hardlines SrTL, plus the other SrTL had more LOD shifts in her place, so the GSTL didn't have to be LOD very often and could still be available for his team.

When our GSTL is LOD, she is not a GSTL that day. She is an LOD for the entire store while someone else is scheduled for the GSA/GSTL slot.

I'm pretty sure it is not common practice to have the GSTL be the senior in higher volume stores. I tried to pull up my core roles recently and it said something about org chart 1 and 2 for just the Senior TL role, not Senior TL salesfloor. I'm still keyed as Salesfloor. I feel like I need to explain my role so often because so many people still (after 1 year) continue to ask about it. One thing I really do like about my store is that the ETL team views me as a peer so I'm involved in a lot of decisions and meetings and they value my input. That right there is also why my relationships with the Team Leaders have always been so bad because they don't view me as a peer because my connections with the ETL's are stronger. Honestly, I feel trapped in the middle of all this. The store I came from had 4 ETL's and 5 Senior TLs and 4 TLs. This store has 7 ETL's, 1 Sr, and 12 TLs. It was easier to fit in at the other store because we outnumbered everyone.

I'm going to just fulfill my core roles and keep doing what I'm doing. I honestly can't imagine this scheduling thing is going to get any better throughout 4th quarter. My cashier team are all pretty much friends, which is nice but also annoying, so I might just speak to a couple of them and tell them exactly what I do and explain that even if I'm not visible at the front I'm still their leader and am available for whatever they need. That might get the word out to the rest of them to ease up. Although I feel like I shouldn't have to justify my role, it might make things easier in the long run.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back