Archived I sealed my fate

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I've been having a hell, and I mean hell of a time with my team and TL for a while no. I finally spilled my guts about all the bullying, and downright nasty, unethical behavior that has gone on. I pretty much have gotten myself fired haven't I ? Once this investigation goes on and nothing comes up (does it ever ? I have no faith in spot) I'm pretty much out the door ? Any advice?? I'd love some... :(:(:(

Maybe not, but it won't be anymore fun than it is now. But even if you are fired which they would have tread very lightly otherwise its retaliation. So do your job well, follow the rules - breaks lunches and what not. And maybe even if comes as unfounded maybe it will jolt the leadership to separate you from that TL. At least put that TL on a shorter leash.

But keep your nose clean send yes polish that resume and keep your options open. It's a brave thing to come forward and no matter the outcome here, you are protecting yourself which you should always do. And how to handle a horrible working environment, its a lesson that will serve you well in the future.

Hang in and know no matter what you will survive this.

Thanks guys. I appreciate the feedback and positive words. I can honestly say I've never given them a reason (I have no paper trail) but I'm certain one will show up. The joke is going to be on them when they're left with the dropouts who can't read (not a joke) to do the 500 hours grocery transition. Question though, can they force me to work my scheduled shifts on my team when there is open hostility ? ***They have no paper trail that I am aware of.

Last edited:
You have the right to be able to work in a 'non-hostile' environment.
They may try to pin the cause of said hostilities on you but, that said, if it interferes with your work you should request to work in another area.
By ignoring your request, they can been seen as fostering the hostilities which could also be seen as retaliation. Document the hell out of every day, every instance.

This is the sadly funny part, my B.S is in HR. No one ever asked me what I was studying...

If this doesn't qualify as a real-life scenario of what NOT to do, I don't know what does.
Then again, spot always DID know how to put the 'fun' in dysfunctional.

It's sad. Totally sad, unethical and unnecessary. I'd love to post the specifics but that's a sure fire way to bring the site down. I'm pretty sure my TL joined a week ago.

It's sad. Totally sad, unethical and unnecessary. I'd love to post the specifics but that's a sure fire way to bring the site down. I'm pretty sure my TL joined a week ago.
We have been down that road before. You can give general details, so others can learn from it.

What I learned and I want others to learn from my mistake, is that you call that 800# if your store is out of hand. If you need change keep calling it. Please do not fall for the bait like I did. Don't call because you have a psychological hangnail but don't end up in my position and become a punching bag. Talk, don't bitch and complain, talk. Like an educated, intelligent person. Be the change you want to see, make people much higher on the food chain make that happen.

Last edited:
If you think you might get performances out, document EVERYTHING, particularly the events leading up to your call. Include all subsequent coaching and events. Target's team leads are taught to do this to fight back if you file unemployment but there's no reason you can't do the same. It won't save your job if they're performancing you out but it will go a long way toward helping you defend your unemployment claim.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back