Archived I suck at getting Red Cards

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would say the #1 excuse is "I have enough cards." That is some really dumb shit to say.

#2 is "Maybe next time." #3 is "I don't carry checks."

I had a lady tell me her husband FORBID her from getting it. I said so he forbid you from saving 5% every time you come in? She just looked at me.

I sell all the dumb features. 5% off, extended return policy (which is weird cause the receipts say 90 days so where is the extension?), free shipping, cash back, no credit check. (Debit)

My goal this week is 4 and I have a big fat zero. They're gonna pair me with a lady who always surpasses her goal so I can see how she does it. Yesterday I had 6 people say yes but of course not one of them had a check on them.

Don't worry. It can be discouraging during a dry spell, but it happens to everyone. Just ask every guest, try and vary your speech a bit because if you always use the same pitch then it'll sound robotic and nobody will want to sign up. As long as you're asking every guest, it's fine.

Also, here is a link to the Red Card Megathread. It's long but it has a lot of good information on how to go about getting more red cards.

I used to joke that my conversion was so bad that it wasn't even red, but black. I always got the excuse "I already have one, but I don't have it with me." or they want to accumulate more miles on their credit card.

I had a lady tell me her husband FORBID her from getting it. I said so he forbid you from saving 5% every time you come in? She just looked at me.

Maybe she's a compulsive spender and has trouble with credit cards (and her husband doesn't know about the check card). Or her husband is a controlling douche. Who knows?

Extended return is for electronics. From 30 days to 60 days.

I thought the 30-day extension applied to everything. Did it change?

@mrknownothing, you are correct.
From target.com:
  • Target debit and credit REDcard℠ card holders will receive an extra 30 days to return nearly all items purchased with their REDcard at Target and Target.com. See Target.com/REDcard for full details and exclusions.
    • All Electronics and Entertainment items must be returned within 30 days for a refund or exchange. For these items purchased between 11/1 – 12/25, the 30-day refund period will start on 12/26.

With the redcard the receipt won't actually show an extended return date, but if you actually swipe the card or scan the receipt the items will allow you to return them even though it is past the date shown on the receipt.

I am so sick of the red card shit, what pisses me off the most is when I get a 3 or 4 in one day, they don't care and when I'm going through a dry spell they completely ignore the fact that I got a lot a day ago. This is the only thing target cared about. I'm sick of it. You can't make someone get a credit card if they don't want one, it's a commitment. And no, nobody wants their stupid "debit card".

I am so sick of the red card shit, what pisses me off the most is when I get a 3 or 4 in one day, they don't care and when I'm going through a dry spell they completely ignore the fact that I got a lot a day ago. This is the only thing target cared about. I'm sick of it. You can't make someone get a credit card if they don't want one, it's a commitment. And no, nobody wants their stupid "debit card".

No one wants the debit card? Get real. It's FAR easier to sell the debit card than the credit card. Over 75% of our applications are debit applications.

I didn't get any for 2 weeks but yesterday I got 5 in one day. I suck at getting them too. I probably won't get any for another two weeks,lol.

Hard to sell when very few in our area even CARRY a check any more.
I was always better at selling the credit card: manage it online, pay it off at the service desk, don't have to worry how many days out before it posts (unlike the debit).

Hard to sell when very few in our area even CARRY a check any more.
I was always better at selling the credit card: manage it online, pay it off at the service desk, don't have to worry how many days out before it posts (unlike the debit).

I agree that the whole check thing is an issue, but that's really not the same as saying people don't want it. That's more a case of want but are unable to obtain.

Which is why I pitched the credit card more often than debit.
If they hesitated, I'd mention the debit option so if they DID have a check they'd go for it.
But folks around here seldom carry checks any more so I'd start with the credit pitch first.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back