Archived I thought you guys were just exaggerating about these straight out of college ETL's.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not betting on it.
They seem to be the ones who fit in best with the current culture.
Just prey she is trainable.

Document document document

If they fail in their numbers and scores, then they will be out quick.

Our sweet little confused looking / dry-cleaned new soft line ETL asked me how to use a pallet jack today. ...... The list of stupid goes redicuously on, some of the new ones are a headache ! Hang in there, be nice and try to teach instead of punching them in the pretty little nose.

They are so stupid! We have one that didn't know pop was vendor and it's NOT located in the backroom -- he had been working for 6 months already and just found this out...duh!!!! Plus this one talks back at people...so many calls have been made to Integrity hotline BUT he's still here.........

Target wants clueless execs that don't/can't think for themselves. Most of the ones we get, you can tell they never had a job before this one in their lives.

cheaper wages are that way. patience is the key, teach them your way of thinking & bp, before they get corrupted.

I am fine with ones who don't know how to use a pallet jack because they have never used one. The same as not knowing where the control room is, how to make labels, do a post void or how to make a new aisle board template. That stuff comes from learning. What I do have a problem with is when they come in, act like royalty, form a clique and talk about food or t.v. and what they did in college all the while of getting absolutely nothing accomplished. Guess what! No one cares about what you did in college, the same as when you were in college and didn't care about what high schoolers did. It's time to grow up. This is a business and we are trying to make money, you sitting your lazy ass in TSC and texting isn't helping.

What I do have a problem with is when they come in, act like royalty, form a clique and talk about food or t.v. and what they did in college all the while of getting absolutely nothing accomplished. Guess what! No one cares about what you did in college, the same as when you were in college and didn't care about what high schoolers did. It's time to grow up. This is a business and we are trying to make money, you sitting your lazy ass in TSC and texting isn't helping.

The food, oh, the food. If I hear one more lunch or coffee order over the walkie I might die.

My store has been fortunate to have pretty good ETLs so far, haven't really had many issues with any of them! I can see why some stores have issues with newer ETLs though... Unfortunately they don't get a whole lot of Store Experience before they're thrown to the wolves (team members/team leads), so they have to learn how the stores work while being expected to lead the entire store team. Now not all fresh out of college ETLs are shining beacons of light by any means, but some of them are really trying to do their best and actually be part of the team.

I was told my store has the most productive ETLs in the district though, they spend a lot of time on the floor/checklanes driving service and backing up the team leads in times of need (excessive call ins, etc.), in addition to their management duties. Heck during peak business hours my STL will even hop on a register when needed

I just experienced one and Holy S**t she seems to act like a 18 year old new cashier. I hope she shapes up well and leads her team.

My new ETL-GE just graduated this spring and is still in her "I'm so excited to be an ETL!" phase. Though she's not completely useless - she was one of our interns last year, so she's already learned a lot about store processes.

So many of the ETLs were on 4 chatting about lunch & a CA stumbled across their 'chat' so he radioed the STL about 'needing to go to 4' then sat back & listened to the fireworks.

Oh my god. Epic CA is epic. Please tell me you recorded the audio....

I really don't know what to think about them. For the most part, they seem like they mean well, but at the same time, they have no idea what they're doing. Imagine being fresh out of college, into the real world, and being thrown into a job that you have very little or no experience for. You have just spent the last four years of your life studying anywhere from philosophy to english to business to history, none of which has really anything to do with this Target culture that HQ has basically made up. So for four years, you are used to going to class for two hours a day, studying for two hours, and partying or doing whatever it is you do for the rest of your free time. Welp, once graduated you have to hurry and get a job, so of course you'll take the automatic upper management salary position which sounds oh so lovely according to the hot and chippy recruits. But alas, three months into you realize it's complete BS. Your salary/work hours basically says you make the same as your team leads. No more free time. Your STL is breathing down your neck to get your scores up (because let's face it, you completely suck), so you have to work to bring them up.... somehow? You ask 5 different ETLs/TLs and they give you 5 different answers. You're afraid to commit to a single one because your STL says you only have a month to bring up scores. A month later, no results, and the STL is still breathing down your neck. To be honest, the STL's opinion is the only one that matters, so you know what? Screw your team. Get results any way possible, and hope and pray you still have a job within six months. Who cares how many people you screw over in the process, as long as you have your 38k a year salary position and a chance to get promoted... To store manager...LOL! Six months later, your scores haven't improved, and you realized your STL is breathing a bunch of smoke. There's no way Target will fire you. It's 4th quarter? Screw it, you're leaving early to move into the two bedroom apartment Target Corp. paid for.

lol I actually made fun of that guy in the old forum for whining about it. While it's an entertaining read, IIRC, through a series of responses on the old forum, it seems like one of his problems was that he wasn't and never became prepared to do the manual work of a low volume store ETL. I could be completely wrong, though, and misremembering or something.

We have 2 right now. One has actually worked Pfresh before so he is allright in my book since he knows about target allready and about my workcenter and what it takes. The other is some 21 year old, blonde sorority girl. I havent really worked with her or talked to her much so not sure about her. They are both seem pretty nice and smart so hopefully they can catch on.

I do however have to wonder about how good of a business strategy this is for Target. IMO, internal promotion, from TL to ETL would make more sense. The TL allready have the experience of being responsible for a department and allready know pretty much everything target related except the added responsibilities of LOD, and other areas they havent quite learned yet. I dont see why having a degree automatically qualifies someone for an ETL position, especially with the high turnover rate they have. You think Corporate would get a clue. This company is going downhill fast. I even saw on our latest guest comments about how our store is basically like a glorified walmart, which I wish I could defend, but I cant because its true.

So many of the ETLs were on 4 chatting about lunch & a CA stumbled across their 'chat' so he radioed the STL about 'needing to go to 4' then sat back & listened to the fireworks.

They should have at least used 5 or 6! they should have AP walkies ;) lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back