Archived I want to leave but

Status
Not open for further replies.
So here is out it goes . I’ve been with target 5 years , I want to transfer but my etl-hr is blocking me. The reason I want to transfer is because I’m tired of coaching people who creates shortages and nothing gets done about it because this person has been with target for 20 years or so. Yet Can’t do the core roles not even how to get an item for a guest. Everytime I document nothing got done in fact this person went to etl -hr and said I have something personal . Then I get pulled in and I’m told to stroke his/her ego and I’m like fuck no . This person has made all the metrics red. I’ve been accused of having a vendetta against this person yet all my documentation has proof of how he fetch numbers to make it look like he did the job and I caught it every single week.I’m not quitting because other stores wants me . I brought up the transfer and my etl-hr is kissing my ass saying how everyone likes me here and they need me , that I’m a hard worker and shit ( yeah I know) and in the same sentence I’m being told that i could get fired if I don’t stop with the coaching and let others do it too .
Also other etls in my store wants me in their team. But i said no because at the end of the day I have to deal with the same etl-hr .

Last edited:
Moving to another store won't really make a diff. Spot is Spot... always gonna be some dickhead boss.
I agree however other stores even let’s me keep my tl key carrier pay as a tm . As for my hr she doesn’t like me because I do my job very well

Last edited:
I’m even willing to demote just to leave

If you want to transfer, you never want to do it or admit that you are doing it because of problems at your current store.
Assuming you are a leader, you are expected to tackle problems, and not run away from them.
If you want to transfer come up with a reason that doesn’t involve problems at your current store. Say that you are moving or the commute is too long.
Don’t even give a hint that you are sick of shi* at your current store.

If you want to transfer, you never want to do it or admit that you are doing it because of problems at your current store.
Assuming you are a leader, you are expected to tackle problems, and not run away from them.
If you want to transfer come up with a reason that doesn’t involve problems at your current store. Say that you are moving or the commute is too long.
That’s exactly what I said . The store they want me at is 10 minutes away from
Where I live opposed to 50 minutes to where I go now

Apply at that store. Talk to your stl about the commute & new opp.
I actually don’t need to apply . The Etl log worked with me before and already told to that stl and he said to bring me on board. On the other hand I brought it up to my etl log and basically begging me to stay ,as For my stl he told me no way I can go anywhere unless I get fired .

You might go to that STL and explain that they're blocking your transfer but that you really need to transfer. Ask what they think or can do? I'm still at base pay 😑 so if I had this issue (which I might in the future), I could just quit my current store and reapply at the other, but you have the better pay, so that's probably not an option in your case...

I actually don’t need to apply . The Etl log worked with me before and already told to that stl and he said to bring me on board. On the other hand I brought it up to my etl log and basically begging me to stay ,as For my stl he told me no way I can go anywhere unless I get fired .

In your first post you said you coach but nothing is being done, can you not CCA for falsifying documents? Find another ETL who will do the CCAs for you?

Regardless, if you really want to go all in- find out if the new store will take you FOR SURE if you quit and make sure your app is ready for the HR to proccess ASAP. You don’t want to end up jobless. Also if the new store is in the same district make sure the new Store’s staff will go to bat when the HRBP questions it. Good luck

In your first post you said you coach but nothing is being done, can you not CCA for falsifying documents? Find another ETL who will do the CCAs for you?

Regardless, if you really want to go all in- find out if the new store will take you FOR SURE if you quit and make sure your app is ready for the HR to proccess ASAP. You don’t want to end up jobless. Also if the new store is in the same district make sure the new Store’s staff will go to bat when the HRBP questions it. Good luck
Yes I do coach but the etlhr likes the team member and has a sense of loyalty which is bs to me. The store is not in my district and they are willing to take me . They don’t have TL positions open, however they would let me keep my pay and be on the bench until something does open. Right now I’m a tl key carrier

I’m definitely not running away . It’s been a ongoing issues for 4 years . And the thing is everything got documented and my stl was cc to all those emails. Yet nothing . Instead my stl tells me to give it to my peers but my peers dont want to deal with it . They can’t even ask this person to pick up a backroom call because that would be an all other issue.

Yea it sounds like you've already talked to your current STL and he's not going to approve the transfer. At this point you have 2 options: Talk to your HRBP (this is the district level HR, works right alongside the DTL) or get the new STL to promise you a job if you quit. Get it in writing and make sure he understands under what conditions you're leaving your current store. You should definitely work your last 2 weeks but if your HR and STL are as petty as you're making them seem, they may mark you as non-rehireable in the system. Stores can still hire with this status but they'll want to know the reason behind it and they'll have to really want you on their team. If you decide to go the former route and the STL is still refusing to approve a transfer, get it in writing. Either he or your HRBP should give you a written statement that even though you want to leave and the new STL wants you, your current STL refuses to let you go. If they don't, just call the hotline repeatedly until they give in.

One reason they could be refusing your ability to transfer (which is still a pile of bull in my opinion) is that some stores make more hourly than others. So for instance, my store makes a minimum of $13 per hour, but another store not too far from us makes $12 per hour. If you move to another store, you could be losing those wages per hour. Or, you could be increasing wages per hour. To prevent the migrating of employees to other stores, they don't allow team members to leave the store... At least that's my understanding of it. Did they say why they won't let you leave?

Idk what gossip and what workplace your individual store is like, so I can't make a fair statement about your ETL HR. Enough ETLs have to read a ton of shit on these sites about how terrible they are, I don't want to perpetuate that further by making judgments on someone I don't know. HOWEVER. I know many things can be fixed through open and honest communication. Have you tried sitting down and saying "Look I want to make things right, I want to explain my point of view and want to hear yours so we can come to a conclusion."? I know a lot of people would respect that and want to make a conversation. You two don't have to be the best of friends, but you can at least make it a cordial relationship between you guys.

And if that's been tried and is no longer an option, then I'd say do the same thing with your STL, and whatever you do, don't let this go. Do not back down. And if all options are exhausted, then consider jobs in other companies.

Thanks to you all. My etl amd my stl really wants me to stay they even offered other Areas in the store , however I told them that I’m not interested in other areas , I love logistics and I shouldn’t be the one to move because my coachings on the people who slacks gets blocked by the etl-hr. She needs to stay out of it as I’m the one actually working with the team member and my coachings are in the best interest of the company. I even said if it was me falsifying papers to look good I would be fired on the spot . But this person just because has been with the company for over 20 years and no one look into the matter gets a free pass , not even a ca. It wasn’t necessary as a ultimatum but I did say if etl-hr continues this I will be gone.

Have you called the ETL HR out on protecting that TM directly? It’s an ugly confrontation when an ETL wants to protect an old timer, I’ve been there. If you’re that uncomfortable about it email your HRBP regarding your ETLs and STLs stance, reasoning, and that you have a transfer set up that is being denied. Rough position to be in, keep your head up

Have you called the ETL HR out on protecting that TM directly? It’s an ugly confrontation when an ETL wants to protect an old timer, I’ve been there. If you’re that uncomfortable about it email your HRBP regarding your ETLs and STLs stance, reasoning, and that you have a transfer set up that is being denied. Rough position to be in, keep your head up
I have called the etl-hr on it , but I was told something that if I probably say I might give myself away if my etlhr lurks on this site. But in other words i was told to stroke this persons ego from time to time . I said fuck no, i won’t do that until it’s being earned . I actually got a call from the stl From the other store he told me to talk to my etl and call his hr after to get me in.

Here we go peeps more than 2 weeks later and I’m still being hostage . Now my stl said that the business needs me and the dtl is aware of me wanting to leave but they won’t let me go .So what now? Is there a loophole that could get me released?

Tell the other store what's happening, ask them if they would hire you if you quit this store (even if your current store marks you as unrehireable because you KNOW they will), if yes then give your notice & so to the other store BUT likely as not, the DTL may not let them hire you.

Can you reach out to the DTL? I would hope they would prefer to keep you as a Target employee rather than forcing you to seek employment elsewhere where.

Can you reach out to the DTL? I would hope they would prefer to keep you as a Target employee rather than forcing you to seek employment elsewhere where.
Funny you asked I saw the dtl earlier and seemed unhinged or unbeknown to him that I want to leave. He was thanking for all the work and hours that I’ve been putting in. So I think my stl told me a little white lie about my dtl knowing I want to leave.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back