Archived I was away for 9 days and came back to the store with 20 pallets of Backstock.Whats my next move?

Status
Not open for further replies.
When I had left, the backroom was in good shape. It normally is, and we're normally on process. I had gone away for 9 days, and came back today to 20 vehicles of backstock.

I'm a new ETL Log, and while everything had been broken when I got there a couple months ago, we came together and things have been amazing. I'm not sure what had happened while I was gone, thats an entirely different conversation, but what should be my next moves?

I'd say your next move should be to start backstocking. ;)
In all seriousness though, I'd say some coachings are in order here. I'd start with the Team Lead supervising the backroom team while you were gone. If your team can do well with you there, but not while you're gone, that's a sign that you are a good leader, but maybe the TLs under you aren't.

The backstock had accumulated across multiple days. My main concern is if we begin backstocking everything, they'll just drop in a pull..

You can always subt9999 it, it also resets the accumulator when you do that. However if your backstocking at a certain time you should be fine. If your an overnight store def want to backstock once your done with your autofills

Spend payroll and add support to get it back stocked. You can make it up later by not spending back your call-ins later in the month. Move some flow members to the Backroom to back stock. Requisition some food as a bribe to have them move their butts.

You can always subt9999 it, it also resets the accumulator when you do that. However if your backstocking at a certain time you should be fine. If your an overnight store def want to backstock once your done with your autofills

So I have the team subt 9999 the item, then backstock it so I'm sure it won't drop? Any potential ramifications?

And some talks are in order. Cause some people just fucked off or got stolen by other ETLs while you were gone.

Yes I bring that up. When my TL is gone we as In-Stocks get stolen to be the project bitch. So our job is very neglected. Then we get "Why is this empty?" Or "Why is your # of scans so low?"

I would as you sort through it look for any BTS, and college plastics. Clearance and Dcode could be hiding in those piles.

What's everyone fetish with using SUBT 9999 to backstock? It takes 3 times as long to backstock something. When we have a ton of BS, We backstock by giving every person a section. Then when the cafs drop, that person pulls it and if any of their stuff comes out, they "pull" is, then shift+7 to backstock it back in

Also, same thing happens when our STL is there. He just gets people to work. Annoys the fuck out of me though!

What's everyone fetish with using SUBT 9999 to backstock? It takes 3 times as long to backstock something. When we have a ton of BS, We backstock by giving every person a section. Then when the cafs drop, that person pulls it and if any of their stuff comes out, they "pull" is, then shift+7 to backstock it back in

It will keep coming back out every hour and when the morning crew leaves there's going to be 1 lucky TM that gets to pull all those pallets of BS along with the items that were actually bought that day.

Sounds like the Halloween transition hit your store fairly hard.
Push the vehicle out then backstock it right away, push another vechicle then backstock right away, repeat. Expect them to push/backstock 1 pallet every 30mins. so should take 10 hours of payroll. If wanna do it as your own store.
You could also get support help. Offer another store two 8 hour shifts and when they finish early then have them help zone/go-backs/truck. Most likely zone if your store is that far behind the zone is prob shit.

Then when the cafs drop, that person pulls it and if any of their stuff comes out, they "pull" is, then shift+7 to backstock it back in

Maybe at your store. My store, if something is backstocked, they'll just put it on the line if it comes back again in cafs.

Both of those are wrong because the floor is empty.

Pretty much this.

If it's truck backstock that's been sitting around for a few days, backstock it normally and allow it to come out on the CAFs. It may sound like a waste of time but it means the product has sold since it was originally received and it lets the accumulator fill that need on the floor correctly. Reworking it and then using SUBT 999 to backstock it will accomplish the same thing except that using SUBT 999 in web apps takes FOREVER. When you're trying to play catch up on truck backstock, it's more efficient to use STO.

SUBT 999 is best utilized for transition/salesplanner backstock because the system is terrible at accounting for capacity changes.

I went on vacation (I'm the Log-TL) so when I came back and saw the condition of my Stockroom, I wanted to cry - there was so much push that my ETL-Log didn't make sure got done and the amount of backstock that had accumulated, I came up with a plan - went overnight with some TMs, and not just Flow, challenged everything out and then what was legitimate backstock, had my EM backroom backstock the legitimate backstock. We worked 13 hours, but it was completed and clean.

My store is terrible about this sort of thing. Especially with FDC. Trucks come in, they get worked, and then they don't get backstocked. Next truck comes in, more product goes out, but the older product is in the cooler expiring.

For dry, I feel like the truck shouldn't be backstocked the same day because the system doesn't know which items are older. If we are push all and keep backstocking, how will the old product come out?

I'd say your next move should be to start backstocking. ;)
In all seriousness though, I'd say some coachings are in order here. I'd start with the Team Lead supervising the backroom team while you were gone. If your team can do well with you there, but not while you're gone, that's a sign that you are a good leader, but maybe the TLs under you aren't.

Don't jump to that conclusion too quickly.

Like pp said, maybe there were issues - callouts, double trucks, HUGE price change workloads, LOD's pulled people to help in other areas, PDAs went down, larger trucks than normal, or issues with the products on the trucks (ie crap ton of UP and UP diapers coming in, but not on PIPO pallets.)

We had a similar occurrence and ended up having ETL's from other stores come over and backstock overnight.

Honestly, I'd be pissed if you coached me after working my ass off while you were on vacation. *assuming that's what happened.

You better have a documented reason that backroom was a disaster.
[

I went on vacation (I'm the Log-TL) so when I came back and saw the condition of my Stockroom, I wanted to cry - there was so much push that my ETL-Log didn't make sure got done and the amount of backstock that had accumulated, I came up with a plan - went overnight with some TMs, and not just Flow, challenged everything out and then what was legitimate backstock, had my EM backroom backstock the legitimate backstock. We worked 13 hours, but it was completed and clean.
Great answer, PM!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back