Archived I was away for 9 days and came back to the store with 20 pallets of Backstock.Whats my next move?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd say your next move should be to start backstocking. ;)
In all seriousness though, I'd say some coachings are in order here. I'd start with the Team Lead supervising the backroom team while you were gone. If your team can do well with you there, but not while you're gone, that's a sign that you are a good leader, but maybe the TLs under you aren't.

Don't jump to that conclusion too quickly.

Like pp said, maybe there were issues - callouts, double trucks, HUGE price change workloads, LOD's pulled people to help in other areas, PDAs went down, larger trucks than normal, or issues with the products on the trucks (ie crap ton of UP and UP diapers coming in, but not on PIPO pallets.)
Great answer, Jenna!

It's nights like that when I don't miss being an ETL-Log for Target. Oh the joys of a stress free work life.

Personally, I would get anyone in the building who is backroom certified to backstock it, then pull additional support for the CAFS. The product is stuck in the accumulator for a reason, it needs to go out because it sold. Repushing then subt999 will cost you more payroll on the bias. Let the system do the work for you, and just backstock, pull what drops and push it.

20 vehicles isn't earth shattering, 2 team members should be able to clean that up in a few hours if motivated properly.

Personally, I would get anyone in the building who is backroom certified to backstock it, then pull additional support for the CAFS. The product is stuck in the accumulator for a reason, it needs to go out because it sold. Repushing then subt999 will cost you more payroll on the bias. Let the system do the work for you, and just backstock, pull what drops and push it.

20 vehicles isn't earth shattering, 2 team members should be able to clean that up in a few hours if motivated properly.

Depends what the product is. If its pencils and erasers, then you're going to have hell to pay.....

Speaking of pencils, the pallets (or vehicles) could be from POG resetting areas. That stuff builds up quickly -- cart well, Mini seasonal, seasonal, etc all reset/have reset lately.

Well, I would tell you what I wouldn't do. I wouldn't jump to conclusions and assume your tms were goofing off etc. Look into the facts and find out what happened. I do know that in my store if a etl is away...other etls have the nasty habit of "borrowing" team members from a work center cause the etl is away. If you find that your team was goofing off them deal with it accordingly. However, take the time to look into things...TALK to you team members not just your fellow etls and team leaders .

I know our backroom had been using more team members to backstock lately to keep up with all the stuff. We had almost a dozen backstocking the other day.

Today it looks like a disaster zone. Three pallets of clearance diapers, two of those Damn glass patio tables, plus five or more other clearance vehicles. Three with the candy from the Friday delivery. Two from Plano backstock. Six with light duty backstock from the truck this morning, two with dry grocery from truck, three with steel backstock from truck and two or three pallets of paper...majority is gone before they go home. But we take six trucks a week right now so a vehicle or two may linger between.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back