Archived ID return limit

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think you can only do ID returns twice in a year per person before it locks them out. That's what our GSTL said, anyway.

There’s no hard number. It depends on the items you’re trying to return and how frequently you return items. Some items cannot be returned without a receipt. Keep your receipts or pay with a card if you want full refund value back.

Nope. It’s ROUGHLY [mod removed] but can depend on POS
Ah, okay. Yeah, I just remember this guy coming in to return a bunch of stuff with no receipt and the GSTL did two different ID scans so that he couldn't return anything else for a year. I wasn't sure of the amount, though.

each year is reset with the limit? or is it a lifetime?

I was told $100 per calendar year. But I've processed no-receipt returns larger than that (with GSA nearby just in case) with no problems at all, and I've had POS demand an immediate exchange for merchandise (rather than issuing a merch credit) for people who said they haven't returned anything all year. And it's entirely possible that I was misinformed.

I was told $100 per calendar year. But I've processed no-receipt returns larger than that (with GSA nearby just in case) with no problems at all, and I've had POS demand an immediate exchange for merchandise (rather than issuing a merch credit) for people who said they haven't returned anything all year. And it's entirely possible that I was misinformed.

yeah i had a guy return a Linksys modem / router for $140 and was told by POS that an exchange for merchandise dept 56, instead of merch credit. this is why i started this thread

for people who said they haven't returned anything all year. And it's entirely possible that I was misinformed

Most of the time they will play dumb and just say this.when, in fact, they have returned plenty.

for people who said they haven't returned anything all year. And it's entirely possible that I was misinformed

Most of the time they will play dumb and just say this.when, in fact, they have returned plenty.
This

It’s like ah yes because you said you never returned anything let me just hit my magic “customer is always right” button and override it

I override almost anything (within reason)that’s a target brand product if they claim they got it but lost the receipt and paid cash and if they look honest enough because there is a 1-year satisfaction on ANY target brand product (besides the new HEYDAY I believe which is electronics).

Otherwise I follow policy and shut down scammers when I see them.

Another exception is if they paid with cash and their receipt is clearly dated within 90 days but the barcode is completely damaged as is the VCD and receipt ID then I override the POS and issue a cash refund (that is if fraud isn’t suspected).

And absolutely never would I EVER return a open air bed or mattress. Exchange only, no exceptions. I believe I had an the ETL-LOG (who is known for being a walking YES desk and doing whatever they can to make the scammer or guest “happy”) at my previous store overrule this once and the ETL-AP was pissed when they found out. Oh did they have a stern talking with them afterwards...

Had a guy also try to return a vacuum in the early morning hours with his id and he reached his limit.. explained I could only exchange (this is when I recently got promoted to GSA) and he started going off at me and my guest service team member. STL and STL from another store who was visiting came over and basically told him to GTFO. My STL explained that I was in the right and he should listen to me as I was following policy. What was funny is the “guest” said they always return merchandise like this without an arguments at the *insert target store* and the STL who was visiting happened to be the STL at THAT TARGET STORE and said: “Well that’s funny because I am actually the Store Team Leader or Store Manager at that store and now that I am aware of this I will definitely have a stern talking with my leadership on how to stop these instances of returns.” He completely shut down and looked at the STL with fury and left.

Both STLs gained my immediete and increased respect after and I thanked them. They laughed and said “Well clearly there was something fishy going on there and I’m glad he opened his mouth about what was going on at *insert STL name from other target store*.

I’ve always been fortunate to work with great STLs even though my previous one was much more disengaged from the store and did more off stage work if anything.

Last edited:
I override almost anything (within reason)that’s a target brand product if they claim they got it but lost the receipt and paid cash and if they look honest enough because there is a 1-year satisfaction on ANY target brand product (besides the new HEYDAY I believe which is electronics).
NOOOOOOO the policy is one year WITH A RECEIPT. the policy specifically states a receipt is required for the 1year warranty!!!! And yes Heydey is only 30.

Also I’ve learned you need to be super careful with “they look honest enough”. We all have unconscious biases whether we want to admit it or not.

NOOOOOOO the policy is one year WITH A RECEIPT. the policy specifically states a receipt is required for the 1year warranty!!!! And yes Heydey is only 30.

Also I’ve learned you need to be super careful with “they look honest enough”. We all have unconscious biases whether we want to admit it or not.
I am aware of that but then again I am all about the vibe at times and want to make it right for them.

I am aware of that but then again I am all about the vibe at times and want to make it right for them.
I guess I just don't vibe very often. My feeling is I will fix a mistake WE make, and go above and beyond to do so. But it's not my fault if Susan can't be bothered to get out her glasses to read the fine print

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back