Archived If not kept on past probation as a transfer....

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I have a few weeks left before my probation time is reached. I came to my current store as a transfer. In my previous store I was a TPS and in my new one I am a GSA. I am assuming that if I am not kept as GSA at my current store that I am toast? It's not like they would give me options to stay on in another capacity or to go to a different store right? If you do not pass probation you are fired correct? And you can ever work for any Target ever again right?

If you do something under probation, it'd have to be something pretty severe. I don't know what the exact rules are, but calling off and consecutively coming in late a lot will get you terminated under probation. As long as you just keep to the schedule and don't do anything ridiculous you'll be fine. After your probation is up, you'll have the opportunity to transfer to another store.

I know someone who was let go after 90 for being too slow. Probably complained a lot too. She was happy she was going to be able to collect unemployment.

Yikes.
You might see if they'll let you transfer & they'll have you off their plate. You'll likely be just a TM wherever you go but I'm sure you'd work your way up to something better.

Yikes.
You might see if they'll let you transfer & they'll have you off their plate. You'll likely be just a TM wherever you go but I'm sure you'd work your way up to something better.

Hey Red....I don't like what you've said here......"you'll likely be just a TM.........work your way up to something better." It's a real kick in the pants to those of us who are "just a TM".....especially when "something better" implies that we don't really matter at all.

I don't think that you meant to belittle TMs...but you did.

I know plenty of what we 'mere' TMs do.
Greentreen was AP before taking this GSA post. Whether the move was lateral or a step up/down, I don't know or care.
As to the "something better" implication, it applied to Greentreen only.
As to belittling TMs, I don't.
Take it as you like. I really don't care.

Green I think you're okay as long as you try your best. They could ask you to step down to a lesser position, but it is very unlikely they would terminate you during a transfer probationary period.. The worst they could do is start pushing corrective action on you, and performance you out.

Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back