Archived If two employees live together as roommates and one promotes do you have to report it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am a gstl and my roommate is a deli tm we both been at target 4yrs or so no one knows or cares we are roommates. Well he just got engaged to a Gsa of mine I dont treat her different still write her up and hold her to the same stardards. Now shes been spending the night over with him alot and asking on moving in. Do i need to report this or would that make matters worse?

Who got promoted?

Here's what I understand from what you said. You and your roommate are in different workcenters.

Your roommate got engaged with a GSA TM, who wants to moved in with your roommate. Both are in different workcenters.

Who got promoted?

Here's what I understand from what you said. You and your roommate are in different workcenters.

Your roommate got engaged with a GSA TM, who wants to moved in with your roommate. Both are in different workcenters.

I assume the concern is if she moves in she'd also be his roommate, ie. GSTL and GSA living together as well, albeit not dating.

I would imagine, if you made a big deal about it, they would want the GSA to change Work Centers. to something comparable (Brand SFTM? I am not sure what is comparable).

Either way, I have not heard of a "live-in" status with Target like I have with "relationship" status.

I for one do not think you need to report anything, as you only live together "Off-The-Clock".

I see it as being a problem that really only you two could cause.

I dont believe i should report it either I just dont want it to come up 8 months from now that as a gstl and having a gsa stay with us i am in some kind of violation and lose my job

@BigEyedPhish Exactly how i feel no one even knows me and my friend in deli live together its not off the clock and never comes up so why offer the info

Roommates is not a conflict of interest as long as they aren't dating.

There would be no reasonable way for this to be resolved if there were conflicts of interest, which there is not. If the HR is having a hissy fit then they can just help you get a new place and compensate you for the cost of moving and time spent. Which they will not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back