Archived If you could have a fast food joint replace Target Cafe. Which would you choose?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I heard of DQ, but never been inside one. I was under the impression that all they sold were ice cream.
Their chicken fingers tho...

The have burgers, hot dogs, chicken fingers. That kind of stuff. And of course ice cream.

I wish they'd open a Sonic near me. Everything sounds so good in the commercials, but the closest one is about 200 miles away. They would do so well near my store.
I don't know if you are missing out on much. The food at all my nearby Sonics is nasty. The drinks and shakes are great, but the food-yuck. And I have 4 in a 5 mile radius...

*facepalm*

My new top choice is Chick-fil-a. None are near me so I forgot about that glorious place.

Target would never do chick fil a because of the peanut oil, sadly. In and out is vastly overrated, granted I am allergic to something they use when they make their food. My ideal would be quiznos, subway, or the like. I want to try Jimmy John's though, since we don't have them in my area. I would gladly trade my local in and out for one. Please and thanks.

Our Taco Bell lasted maybe 5-6 years.

Pizza Hut alternatives.

1 - A regional chain that would reveal my location
2 - A local chain that would reveal my location
3 - Culver's

I would love to even have a Pizza Hut, we just have the Cafe at my store.

We don't have food ave anymore (just Starbucks).

But if we did....
Firehouse Subs or chipotle (or qdoba)

There's so many restaurants people mentioned that I've never heard of!

We don't have food ave anymore (just Starbucks).

But if we did....
Firehouse Subs or chipotle (or qdoba)

There's so many restaurants people mentioned that I've never heard of!
We have a firehouse a few shops down from my store. Go there a few times on lunch.

It lasted a few years, then the remodel took it out & put Pizza Hut in,
When we put a Pizza Hut Express in my store, we trained at a Target that had a combined Pizza Hut Express/Taco Bell Express menu. I didn't learn the second menu, but it took a lot of team members to do both plus snack bar food.

Haha, this is a tough question. I don't think I could narrow it down to one.

The two I'd love to have the most: Sbarro Pizza and Bojangles' Chicken. Also wouldn't mind having either Cinnabon or Chick-Fil-A either. Those four would definitely be at the top of my list. But if we did have any of those, I'd probably be 350 pounds right now haha :confused:

EDIT: Rounding out the top five would be White Castle, just because my dad is in the White Castle Hall of Fame, believe it or not. Don't think he would ever leave my store if that came to fruition.

Last edited:
For all the folks who mentioned Chick-Fil-A, I can see major problems with that one.

Skipping completely over the political crap and jumping to the fact that they refuse to be open on Sunday.

I heard of DQ, but never been inside one. I was under the impression that all they sold were ice cream.
DQ in my state would be great. Beside burgers & ice cream the menue includes tacos, salads & chicken dishes. If its a Dq I stopped at in Florida that only sold ice cream no. thanks. I love the hungerbuster and dude

For the New Mexico of Texas stores... Whataburger.

Assuming it has to be a major fast food chain I would have to say Subway. At least then I would be able to have some sort of option at Target cafe that would be somewhat healthy.

Anything but the greasy slime that we have would be an improvement. I get sick whenever I have to cover food ave and have to make breadsticks. I want to say no, don't get that to the guests. I want to tell them how much lardy grease is put all over them.

I would like it if they had soft serve ice cream and or yogurt, but I'm sure they would search for the cheapest brand.
I would also like fresh food, or better choices in the refrigerator..

Five Guys would be great or Moe's. I'd really like to have both actually:) I swear we have nothing near my Target ( quite depressing actually) we have a chinese restaurant across the street and gas station across the street and that's it. If you go further ( much further) you have KFC, Subway, Jimmy Johns but by the time you get there you miss your lunch so basically you are stuck at Target with Pizza hut or the food inside Target.

People that eat pretzels crack me up. A big hunk of greasy, salty bread! Da fuq???

For the New Mexico of Texas stores... Whataburger.
There is a whataburger nearby my store, but it's just far enough away that you can't really go there on lunch and still have time to eat since everything is cooked to order. This is good, otherwise I would be eating there at least twice a week!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back