If you have an opportunity to leave Target, do it now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
For any Pricing TL's who are concerned... Last year as part of AE13 they combined the Pricing and Presentation TLs into one spot for org chart 1 stores. They made the announcement in spring, and it went official a few months later. The Plano TL took pricing and they made the Pricing TL an extra sales floor TL, so we were over headcount for a good 8 months until another TL left for another store. This is just one example of how target handled this position, but I dont think any pricing Tls need worry about termination just because their spot is being removed.

Our Pricing TL is already Pricing/Plano and our TL never gets to work with us so no big change for me.

Last edited:
I swear to god if they put me back on the salesfloor I'll fucking become the shittiest and most useless employee ever. Fuck mid shifts, fuck closing, fuck doing the work of 3 people and being told it's not enough...That's if my store doesn't just get rid of the bottom 2-3 TLs anyway, that's the method they normally use.

I think there's a way to see your store's info on workbench, but I don't remember.

Workbench, Store Fact Sheet though I don't remember the exact steps to get to it anymore...1.5 years since I logged into Workbench :p

Is there a way to check a different store fact sheet or just the one where you are accessing workbench from?

I think when you open the link to your store fact sheet, it uses your store number in the URL that is loaded, so just change the store number accordingly (maybe group/district numbers as well, if need be). Like I said, I don't remember specifics anymore but I do know it is possible and is fairly easy to do.

So, no more AP for us? We are ULV and don't have TPS. That is kinda crazy.

They didn't say anything about getting rid of APLs. My old store has had only a single APL for four+ years now.

I was told by my ETL that it's pretty unlikely that they would be getting a bonus this year, raises will be crap, and they're cutting ETL and TL positions. We currently have 3 TL positions open at my store (just happened) and they pulled all the openings until the first of the year so we know where we stand and who has to be moved around. I of course close our next TL meeting but I'm going to cancel my outside of work meeting and drive in for it. Don't think I want to miss this one.

Any chance I could get that pm as well?

The contents of the PM that has been circulating amongst users have been posted in this thread and the other "consolidation" thread! Don't ask to have the PM forwarded to you, it has been posted here already!

I wonder if my pay went up because I love in new jersey at my store we start at 8.25 and minimum wage was 7.25 when I started, but as of jan 1st its 8.25 so I wonder if pay got bumped up

target is such a terrible job, most people who are team members are stuck in a dead end job and are miserable. retail is just miserable isnt it

target is such a terrible job, most people who are team members are stuck in a dead end job and are miserable. retail is just miserable isnt it

Boy-That-Escalated-Quickly-Anchorman.gif

it is what you make it. You can choose to hate your job, drag your ass there every time you work and focus or making everyone around you as miserable as you are. or, you can choose to be thankful that you HAVE a job, smile and do what you are getting paid to do. I decided a long time ago if i had to be away from my kids for 40 hours a week to feed and clothe them, then i may as well have fun doing it. and I start every shift with an ice cold coke. that helps too.

I actually like what I do. I have a degree, have worked in my field and life stepped in and changed a few of my plans. I appreciate that Target has worked with me so that I can actually have a good work/life balance. When I go home from this job I can totally leave it behind the sliding door until my next shift. If you're miserable and think you have a terrible job I'd guess that your attitude makes others feel the same. Perhaps you should find a new line of work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back