I'll miss the people

It's been 10 years.

I'm tired of the unrealistic expectations, the silly rules, the contradictions, and the disregard for the team.

I'm tired of hearing "If you fix this process there's no reason why you can't be an ETL"

I'm tired of hearing, "Your interviews will be after this quarter."

I'm tired of asking for a transfer from my toxic store and being denied.

I'm moving on and leaving Target. I'm going to a DC of a different retailer. 4 day work weeks, every weekend off, better pay, and NO GUESTS.

I wont be there this year to plan the black friday set, to plan the get out strategy for seasonal, to help the toy team, to strategize for amp gifting. To audit every schedule to make sure modernization actually fucking works.

I won't be there to brow beat TM's on their push. To question why their u-boat is 6 steps away instead of 5, to coach when they dont know their WTD sales, to tell my inbound team that we cant let a single vehicle touch the floor without a tm lest we incur the wrath of the target gods even when the store is closed. I won't be there to tell crying tm's who have been there for over 12 years that we no longer do set schedules, that we can only offer hours that line up with the area that WE chose for them. Sorry you dont work enough hours to qualify for your benefits.

But hey...expect more, pay less

I'll miss working with people that I now call friends. Damn good friends. People who despite all the changes continue to work hard. I wish I had their resolve.

Good luck. I hope Q4 goes well for you guys, I truly do. I'm sorry to the other leaders in my store. I wish I could have stuck it out with you.

Happy trails to you! A general thought in retail is you will not be missed. People are replaceable. They are right. Your store will miss you and your experience. I'm surprised they didn't try and sweet talk you out of leaving. It irks me that someone with your years of service and work ethic is getting screwed over. Best of luck.

I miss the people too. Target was mostly a blessing and sometimes a blessing in disguise. And Tms would likely say the same about me.

Back