Farewell, Spot!

PackAndCry

Furniture, Call Button One
Well, my time with the company has finally come to an end. I'm just happy that it was on my own terms- I've seen far too many TMs and leaders be pushed out for stupid reasons, and I'm honestly amazed it never happened to me, given how I tended to push back when given unreasonable or impossible direction. I stepped down and became on-demand several months ago when I started a new job, and it felt like the time was right to finally cut that last tie with Spot.

Things I will not miss:
  • Major process changes constantly being rolled out with little to no warning
  • Outside hire ETLs trying to tell me how to do my job when they don't even understand what I do
  • The fake "support" for disadvantaged groups that goes right out the window as soon as there's any negative media attention (which, honestly, the Pride fiasco this year and their AWFUL handling of it was one of the major things that led me to leave the company)
  • Being forced to "make it right" for guests who were clearly working the system
  • The constant lack of payroll
  • The extreme guilt on the rare occasion I needed to call off
Things I will miss:
  • My team and peers (the ones who were nice to me, anyway)
  • Getting first dibs on the 70% off clearance seasonal candy
  • The satisfaction of setting and filling a new planogram
Lastly, I have to give a huge amount of credit to everyone here at TBR- I would have had no clue how to do my job if it wasn't for all the information I learned here, because it's not like official channels share useful information very often.

tumblr_m41e2o5nhT1rw7k3jo1_500.gif

latest

Back